PART TWO - CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I lost everything I typed :( oh well!

I looked at the clock wall it was half past four. Two months had passed by and true to his words Omar sent me a mail every week. His mail was to come today but it hadn't arrived yet and I was getting anxious.

What if he was tired of me? What if he forgot about me? What if.....

My mind swirled with negative thoughts which I tried to shake. Omar was never late, he was prompt to send his mails at exactly three p.m.

What could have gone wrong? Could he be busy? Negative thoughts clouded my mind. I watched the clock and the computer every five minutes.

Around five I got upset. I slumped down in a corner as thought after thought rushed into my mind and I felt helpless.

I didn't want to think like this but I had no option. I couldn't control my thoughts and it was driving me crazy.

I smashed the vase that lay on the table beside me against the opposite wall and the room got layered with shards of glass.

Why was I doing this? I don't want to yet it feels like my emotions simply don't want to understand me.

I hit my palm on the floor in anger and blood dripped from my hand. I had pressed too hard on the shattered glass. I looked at the cut as it blood profusely making no attempt of making it stop.

"What the eff is happening here?" Anna exclaimed as her eyes took in my room then lingered on my crouched figure. She hurried towards me and wrapped me in a hug.

"What the hell Amna?" Anna gasped as she saw the blood pooled on the floor.

She pulled me up from the ground and placed me on my bed. She hurried outside and returned with a first aid box in hand.

She gently took out the glass shards and cleaned up the wound. Finally applying an antiseptic and wrapping it up with a gauze.

"You'll need around six stitches I suppose,let's get you to the clinic Amna."

Anna held me up like a porcelain doll who could break any moment. I was always lucky when it came to friends. I had the best of them who cared for me like family.

We crossed the thin part to the wellness centre which lead to the main building which was kind of homely for a wellness centre I mean shouldn't they look like hospitals? Every thing about this place is always peaceful.

"Amna you do know that what happened today is going to step you back on the progress you are making right?"

I silently nodded my head.

"You were doing so good love, I thought you could go home in another two months.... But today, we need to work more. Rest for today, no relaxation exercise or therapy lesson for you."

We returned later and I went straight to bed. There was a faint glow on my laptop which was left switched on.

I checked and saw that I had a mail from Omar and my heart skipped a beat.

Just as I was about to open the mail Anna entered my room.

"There is a parcel for you" She said as she placed a brown paper covered parcel tied up with string on my bed.

Don't you love brown paper packages tied up with strings?

These are a few of my favourite things.

I shook my head and tried to get out the old country song out of my head.

I looked at the parcel curiously and unraveled it.

Inside was a tab.

Strange.