PART TWO - CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I looked at Ashàr in awe. I still couldn't believe that someone this perfect could be my son. The child's behaviour was something anyone could take pride in, and me being his father. Well,he was half pure blooded European along with Emirati royal blood. What else could you expect from the child? There was only one word for him. He was perfect.

"Where is my room father?" He questioned and I led him to one of the guest rooms in the condo. Mentally making a note in my mind to call an interior designer and decorating the room to a boys liking.

Ashàr looked around the room with distaste, finally he shrugged his shoulders and climbed upon the bed.

"Please tell me a story?" He requested and I obliged.

"What would you like to hear?" I asked politely.

Ashàr looked at me excited as he said "The story where you flew in water on a jetski."

At this I remembered Amna's words on the E-mail how she wrote that she had kept my memories alive for Ashàr and that I should do the same for her too. She really had kept her word. She had kept my memories alive in Ashàr.

"How about I tell you how your mom was afraid of helicopters?" I asked smirking and Ashàr's face lit up.

"I thought momma was strong." He laughed in his angelic voice.

"She is the strongest woman I have ever known." I smiled and started with the story.

Ten minutes later Ashàr was sound asleep when I heard footsteps outside the guest room. The door opened and a very confused looking Sawsan whisked into the room.

"What is he doing here?" Sawsan asked. She knew that Ashàr was Amna's son.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned in return.

"This is my house." She shrugged and I mimicked her.

"This is his house." I shrugged.

This made her flare her nose in anger and her lips quivered. She was now in her last pregnancy stage. She could go into labour any day.

"Everything was going fine until they came into our lives." She spoke with so much venom that it surprised me.

"Remember one thing Omar, My son will be the heir of the Abdullah family." Was that all she cared about?

I walked out of the room so that Ashàr would not wake up because of her shrill voice.

She followed me to our room and sat down at the edge of our bed.

"I know you gave money to my P.A to keep his mouth shut."

"High time you found out Omar." She smirked.

"Why would you?" I questioned.

"Revenge is a b**** Omar don't you think?"

I looked at her confused.

"Amna did nothing to you."

"It was because of her that my life got twisted." She was now playing with the ring on her finger.

"I was going to divorce you." I simply said and her eyes widened at that.

"Amna didn't let me because she didn't want to ruin your child's life." I looked at her trying to read her expressions. There was nothing on her face. "And here you are telling me that you want your son to be the heir." I spoke with no emotion.

" I didnt do it because I loved you Omar, Trurh is I don't love you , but I need you. What I am doing is for my kid. I don't want my son to be seen as an outcast."

I pursed my lips trying to understand her words.

"I can help you Sawsan. You don't have to be bitter, I will help you." I said honestly.

She looked at me for a moment.

After contemplating for a while she started.

"When you and Amna married I was very angry that you chose her over me. I didn't see any potential spouse in the future. Who likes rejected material? My parents were worried about me too. I did the most foolish thing in my life Omar."

She looked at me with sad eyes and for once I felt pity for her.

"Your cousin brother took an interest in me. I was happy. He being the crown prince. I didn't want anything better. I was happy. What I didn't understand was why he married me secretly. He kept me with him for two years I was his secret wife. I told him many times to tell his parents but he wouldn't. I later found out that he was engaged to another woman whom he very much loved. The day I found out I was pregnant with his kid I was ecstatic. But my husband didn't want to be a father. He divorced me then and abandoned me. That's the time I went on that business trip with you and planned what happened , All so that my child's future would be secure. I bought the reports of the paternity test and they were changed to my liking."

She looked at the ground, her head hung low.

" That's why I hated Amna, it was because of her that I had to marry that good for nothing man. If it wasn't for her I would have had a peaceful life with you." She looked at everything but me. I never thought I would ever feel sympathy towards this woman but now I was.

"I am a pathetic excuse of a woman but all I had in mind was the well being of my unborn son , I hope you can accept me and forgive me someday Omar. I am sorry for ruining your life for my own benefit."

I looked at the woman like she was someone else.

"Just promise me that you will accept my son and I will leave you forever. Nobody has to know that we got divorced, maybe I could fake my death or something?"

"And your parents?" I questioned.

"They wouldn't care whether I am alive or dead,all they care about is precious money. My family is not like yours Omar, they are not emotionally bound the way yours is."

"We still have the prenuptial papers. Half of all your money will be mine." She said.

"I can always make more." I smirked and for the first time I saw a genuine smile from Sawsan.

I didn't mind taking in her son, at least I get all moments I had missed during Ashàr's time. It would be easier to take my mind off Amna and concentrate on my kids. I could never make a good husband but I wasn't going to let my kids down. I promised myself that I would be a great father.

Sawsan was right revenge really is a b**** just like how life was sometimes.

Now all I had to do was search for Amna even though I hadn't followed all her conditions. I was still selfish but it would be better as time passes by. I was a father, I had responsibilities, I was already learning a lot more than life had taught me in all my years. One of it being wanting the best for your kids.

****************

*******************