Untangled Wings

Firstly I would love it if you would support my website, it's all about self-love and self-help.

It's www.writtenwaves.com

You also get a free self printable journal designed by me. Hope you will love it.

You can also follow me on Instagram it's writtenwaves

Next Do check out my latest book untangled wings, I'm totally looking forward to writing it and it will be updated vert often. I need your cheer.

Here is the first chapter for you.

UNTANGLED WINGS 

It isn't every day that you meet a familiar face, especially not as a next-door neighbour. 

I almost dropped the box I was holding in my hand when I saw her. She passed right by me as if I was invisible. I doubted she had had ever paid attention to me. She never did - to us guys and I was the typical flirt whom good girls avoided at all costs. Yes, I feel ashamed to admit it but that is exactly the kind of person I was and she was someone who was full of positivity and loved life, she always had a smile on her face and her eyes glittered like they were having the time of their lives. She was what you would call goody two shoes, full of joy and happiness and always ready to help everyone and surrounded by her friends, laughing, talking, making others laugh. She was excellent at studies too, A favourite amongst all professors but she was what you would call a cool nerd. The one who had the best of everything. 

She was pretty, smart and from a good family. She was someone many people envied and many guys tried their best to get the attention of. All in vain of course. She had seemed to have decided then that she was not old enough to be in any sort of relationship not even for me- Isaac Laith  The coolest guy whom every girl tried to get the attention of.  It was in the later years I realised that it wasn't because of studies that she stayed away from the male species. It was because she was a Muslim. I was too - A not so practising one.  

The day I realised that I gave up on her, she was not someone who would ever accept a person like me. I didn't even give it a try. I just looked at her from far away, smiled when she smiled and every time I was on campus my eyes would unknowingly find her. I was in love with her but then she vanished. No one knew where she was or where she went. All they knew was that she was getting married. That broke me apart, I knew I had no chance with her. It was impossible but still, I was hurt. I couldn't even think about her when she was someone else's, I chose to go far away. Very far away and I chose to stay abroad for five years. I wouldn't have come here. Had it not been for my twelve-year-old brother. 

My brother was my only family and when it came to his studies I couldn't compromise. My brother was slow in learning and the school in this area specialised in taking care of such students. I had bought this house a while back when I saw it on sale when I was in Amsterdam. It was a four-bedroom house, with a little lawn. It wasn't much- not as much as I was used to but it was enough for me and my brother for a few years till he was alright again. 

Never in my dreams had I thought I would see her again. She walked past me to the house next door, busy on her phone as she flew by. Not even glancing once.  The features were the same but everything else about her looked different. I couldn't really point it out but it seemed like the sparkle in her eyes had disappeared. I regretted coming back and seeing her again. Even more so, I didn't want to look at the person she had married. I thought I had finally forgotten her but why did she have to appear like that in my life again? I didn't want to suffer again the pain that once I had already suffered and looking at her again had made me curious and brought the memories I locked in, open up again. 

Hope you will enjoy it just as much as this. I promise you a captivating read! Looking forward to seeing you there.