26. Going Back Home

Chapter 26- Going Back Home

Zara's POV

We started our journey back to the pack house. Sadly, after we both woke up this morning Hayden told me that we had to leave by mid-day. The drive to go all the way back was the maximum of four hours.

"How far are we now?" I asked again and Hayden sighed heavily, tired of me asking the same question.

"Far enough Zara," he answered.

"You always say that to me," I retorted.

"Zara, just relax. We're almost there," he said putting two hands on the wheel, "why don't you get some rest. You look kind of tired."

"Fine, at least it'll keep me occupied," I said with a huff and then turned to lie on my left side. He chuckled but said nothing more. Time for sleep...

                                 ...............................................................

"Wow, the lovebirds finally come back from their pre-honeymoon," James said as Hayden parked the car. He rolled his eyes at James' comment.

"Pre-honeymoon?" he asked in amusement.

"Yeah, you guys just disappear for two days straight," Jonah teased, "I'm surprised Zara didn't come back with a mark on her neck and a new scent." I briefly saw Hayden glance at me but said nothing.

"So, what did you guys do while we were away?" I asked trying to change the subject. Before anyone could answer, I high-pitch scream came from the house.

"How could you not tell me you were going away, you bitch?" Natalya asked as she came up to me and gave me a tight hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Well where were you for...how much was it, about three, four days?" I asked back.

"I was with...someone," she said. I gave her the look that said we were gonna talk later so she rolled her eyes and looked everywhere else but at me. Back to the topic at hand...

"Oh the usual. But we're kind of packing up for school and all," Abigale said.

"Oh right, you guys are going to school, right?"

"No, we're going to school," Hayden corrected. I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

"I told you I wasn't going to another high school,"

"And if you remember that, then you should remember what I told you after you said that," he replied with a smartass comment. I gave him the finger then returned to the conversation.

"Anyway, when do you guys start?" I asked.

"We start next week Monday," James answered which made me groan.

"Guys, I'm not---"

"You really thought we would all go to school and leave you here in a four story house by yourself?" Conner asked.

"Yes, I would but apparently I was wrong," I muttered to myself.

"This house has four stories?" I heard Lilly ask as she made her way to us. She greeted us and said 'welcome back' then turned her attention to James. She was looking at him like he was her everything.

Maybe Hayden and I could be like that...

"So where are we going this Friday as a... I don't know...a last night of freedom?" James asked.