14. Rejected?

Chapter 14 – Rejected?

Zara's POV

As I walked back to the house, guards were wandering outside. Guards in groups talking in hushed tones and they held something that looked like a blueprint in their hands. My God, what the hell are they planning now? I walked passed them and went up to the porch. How long had I gone for them to plan all this?

 I looked back at them and then went to open the door, and then I flinched when I heard shouting and screaming from inside. When I opened the door, everything went silent.

 "What the hell is going on?" I asked s I stepped in the living room. I saw everyone sitting on the couch: Conner, James, Lilly, Abigale and Hayden.

 "Where have you been?" Lilly said as she ran up and hugged me. I awkwardly hugged her back and looked behind her at everyone else. I gave them a 'what-the-hell' face as I patted her back.

 "I went out, what's all the commotion outside?" I asked as I let go of Lilly and went to sit on the couch. All of a sudden, Conner and James roared in laughter. I looked around and saw that Abigale was trying not to laugh and Hayden was looking frustrated.

 "What the hell is happening?" I asked for the final time. James looked at Hayden with amusement and then answered me.

 "Our Almighty Alpha over here," he said pointing and Hayden who cursed at him, "has us wondering all over our lands to find you, because apparently, you went missing," he answered. I looked at him in shock and then turned to look at everyone else. Unsurprisingly, they had amusement in the eyes, though I didn't look at Hayden. Looking at him only reminded me of what he said and what happened.

 "Well, Alpha, although I enjoyed the little...uhh...wake up call," winking at me, "I'm going back to bed," James said. He got up and leaned down to whisper in Lilly's ear, which made her flushed crimson red and they were both gone.

 "Yeah, we're gonna crash too," Abigale said getting up as well. Conner followed her and they went upstairs together. That only left Hayden and me in the living room. Talk about awkward...

 "Anyway, I'm going to...uh...go," I said and then made my way up the stairs. I stopped when I heard footsteps behind me. He came right behind me and put his arm around my waist. Sparks of pleasure flew through me and I didn't like it. The words he said to me came flowing through my mind.

 "Let me go," I ordered merely in a whisper.

 "Why should I?" he asked. I could feel his hot breath on the crook of my neck and, sad to say, it made my wolf happy that he was here. Why would she want him here anyway? After the way he spoke to me, she shouldn't be wanting him anywhere near us but of course, she thought it through and decided to give this douche bag a break.

 "It's not like you care, so let me go," I responded. If he did care, he wouldn't have said those things to me. Before he could comment, I got out of his grip and went up to the room. I hit the bed right after I locked the door.

                                ..........................................................................

Two days later...

As you all would have guess, I didn't let Hayden in the room (much to my wolf's dismay) and I'm not planning on it until he apologizes. So today was Tuesday and the guys were gonna have yet another get-together. Basically the same people were gonna be here; our crew plus Bryon and Alexander, Hayden's brother. When he introduced himself formally the other day, he seemed like a pretty cool dude and he's not so bad on the looks either.