36. I May Be Blonde, But I'm Not Stupid.

Chapter 36 – I May Be Blonde, But I’m Not Stupid

Bryon's POV

The girls finally started talking back to us after we competed last night. Nat was sitting peacefully doing her toes while I just came out of a shower. 

"Why do girls spend so much time on those stuff?" I quietly asked myself as I went over to my suitcase. 

"Why do guys spend so much time on cars and football?" Nat retorted. I rolled my eyes.

"Touché," I said as I put on a dark blue T-shirt. I already had on my jeans from inside the bathroom. I walked over to my sneakers and quickly put them on.

"Where are you going?" Nat asked.

"I'm gonna go out with the guys for a bit, then come back and play some football," I said to her as I stood up. I walked over to her and put on some cologne.

"Why does it seem like you're doing more than going out with the guys?" she asked curiously. I laughed.

"And why would you say that?"

"Because you don't normally put on cologne for 'just the guys'. Who are you meeting?" I turned around to look at her.

"You think I'm gonna cheat on you?"

"I didn't say that--"

"No but you were thinking it. The look on you face said it all,"

"Whatever," she said as she looked away from me and crossed her arms across her chest. I sighed and walked up to her.

"Why do you always have the feeling that I'm gonna cheat on you?" I asked her as I looked into her eyes. She looked down so I brought her chin up to look at me.

"What's the problem?" 

"Nothing," she said and tried to push me away but I held on to her arm. 

"I think I’ve known you long enough to know when something's up. Can you please tell me what it is?" 

"It's just these... rumors that I keep hearing,"

"What rumors?" I raised an eyebrow. There was a rumor going around?

"This one particular one where you have slept with Gina," she answered quietly. I sighed and grabbed her to stand up.

"And you actually believed that I would do that?"

"I...I...I don't know," she answered, "its just the way how---"

"Natalya, I would never sleep with one of my pack members...ever. Who did you heard this rumor from?" I asked but I had a funny feeling where it came from.

"Umm...Gina," I swore when I heard that answer. Gina has been spreading that rumor ever since I broke up with her sister in the ninth grade.

"Nat, Gina has been spreading that rumor for a very long time now. It's not true ok; you can hardly believe something coming from that girl’s mouth when it comes to gossiping."

"Oh, I...uhh...I didn't know that," she said as she looked down embarrassed. I grabbed her chin again and kissed her lightly.

"Don’t worry about it, okay. Just remember that I will never do something like that to you," I said, "besides, if I ever thought about cheating on you the twins would have my ass." At this she laughed and wrapped her arms around my waist.