53. One Month Without Her.

Chapter 53- One Month Without Her

Drake's POV

  I carried an unconscious Zara in my arms towards the abandoned house. The dark red and white house looked broken down but, for the occasion, it will have to do. The windows weren't in the best condition but curtains (or what I assumed were curtains) were placed there to prevent anyone on the outside to look in. From the angle where I was, I could see half of an old car, sitting there rusting because of now proper treatment. He couldn't have picked a better place? The steps creaked as I stepped on them. All the lights were off inside so it wasn't so obvious that we were here. 

"Drake?" 

My jaw tightened when I heard his voice. He was the only reason I was doing this, "Yeah, it's me. I brought Zara." I heard some shuffling behind me as I set her down gently on the sofa. 

"Mission accomplished, well done bro," he said with a grin on his face. I looked anywhere but at him. He sickened me. I had no choice but to follow him, "all I need to do now is to phone Carlos and Kyle." He walked out of the room mumbling happily to himself. When he came back out of his little "office" he looked over at me.

"We should probably throw her down in the basement until they get here," he stated.

"What?" I asked surprised, "no, you can't throw her down there."

"Oh, yes I can. What's the matter with you? You never cared before. What changed?" 

"She's not the person who you said she was. You're the bastard here," I said and his eyes flashed for a second. 

"Don't mess with me, Drake. You don't want to insult me,"

"Why not, huh? I have no idea why you want her anyway," 

"Because she is mine! I will not allow that...that...cowardly Alpha to have her!" he growled.

"She's not yours, she's Hayden's," I stated and he growled louder and pushed me harshly against the wall.

"She is mine! She was mine from the beginning and she's mine now!"

                                   ...................................................................................................

Zara's POV 

  Why do I always have to get up in pain? Can't I just wake up one day and be free from all the stresses of life? I groaned while I tried to sit up properly. My eyes quickly adjusted to the surrounding I was in. The room was dark, but I could see a small broken window at the corner just under the staircase. Looking through the bars of my "cell" I saw nothing more than darkness itself. I think I was in a basement but honestly I have no idea why I'm in a cage. 

There was a sound. The creaking of the staircase and soon I saw boots coming down. When he descended from the stairs all I could do was stair blankly at him. 

"Do you want some water?" he asked. I stared at him in shock.

"You're asking, after you kidnapped me and knocked me out...not leaving out the fact that I'm now trapped in a cage, if I want something to drink?" I questioned Drake. He sighed and looked away from me running his hand through his hair.