37. My Favorite Color Is.... (Day 3)

Chapter 37- My Favourite Color Is…. (Day 3)

Kandice's POV

 Two days ago...

I ran as fast as I could, feeling the wind rush pass me. I could feel he was behind me. I knew his scent by now, but I still couldn’t believe it. He would never hurt me. 

But he has before, my wolf reminded me. I branch tore at my face but I ignore the pain. All I knew was that I had to get out of here. I had to see someone...anyone. My hearing heard tires coming down the road which I was about to break through on. Oh, thank God! I smelt the most amazing, breath taking smell that I have ever smelt in my life. I wanted a taste so much that I almost stopped, but the furious growl behind me got me thinking.

I rushed past the trees with tears ion my eyes. My black hair moving as fast as the wind...probably even faster at the speed I was running. This might be it...I didn't even know if the people in the car would help me so I couldn't depend so much off them. I was ready to say goodbye. I'm sure I couldn't past this stage in my life.

I heard a strong growl in front of me and the next thing I knew I was being held on to, protected from...him. The guy in front of me stood protectively in front of me and death glared at Michael. As soon as it looked like he was going to attack, a large wolf jumped in and growls at him. They looked like they were having a conversation. Just as I was about make my escape, tingles ran up my left forearm. My eyes immediately went to my arm then looked up at the most beautiful eyes. They looked like amber. Amber eyes.

"Are you ok?" his voice was velvet. So beautiful; I couldn't stop staring at him. His fingers brushed against my face as he looked into my eyes.

"So beautiful," he mumbled, "I can't believe I found you."

"I'm not beautiful," I said quietly, "especially not now." 

"You are beautiful no matter what," he sternly said. I looked up at him then another guy came up to us. 

"We need to leave," he said. My mate nodded and then looked down at me.

"We were on our way to our meeting spot where we would meet another pack. Do you want to come with us? We can always stop off somewhere to get you cleaned up--"

"Yeah? I'd like that," I answered back as I smiled. He smiled back at me. Anything to get away from here, I thought as I glanced towards the now empty space where Michael stood. We all got in to the truck and drove away.

"Hey, wake up," I felt a nudge against my side. My eyes quickly shot up and I jumped up.

"Hey, relax, it's just me," I instantly looked around and once I saw the face, my body relaxed. I surveyed my surroundings carefully. Empty space. Slightly dark. Few Lights. Very fancy though.

"Where are we?" I asked...uhh...my mate.

"We're at the camp site," he replied as she helped me out the car. My eyes bulged out of my head.

"This is a camp site?" 

"Apparently so," he said with a chuckled. He helped me out of the car and I looked around at this 'camp site'. Isn't a camp site supposes to be...well I don't know...the whole nature works and whatever. Well, this was nothing like that. This 'camp site' was all fancied up, huge like it was made for kings.