Chapter 8: Lets Dance

P.S Vote, comment, and fan if you like! :) xxx

Dedicated to LounaticHarry, thanks for the follow! (will be doing for all followers!)

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8: Let's dance

It had been a couple of hours since we arrived. A lot longer than what I had intended. I was having a great time which was pretty unusual. Everyone was minding their own business. Maybe I worried too much. I would occasionally scan my surroundings to see if George was about but I would always see Alana clinging on to him as if he was her clutch bag.

"So I've been trying to persuade Nancy to join us, she's amazing by the way. We used to do gymnastics together when we were younger." Leah said.

I glared at her. I knew she was going to do this.

"Nancy, you should join us. I mean if you've got experience then that's great we can do with a few more members. Also we'd get to see you more." Kate said.

The other girl's murmured words of encouragement. "Just come to one session and see what it's like?" Leah persisted.

"Ok, Ok. I will." I caved.

They cheered (ironic). But I couldn't help but smile. Maybe things were about to change. It was nice to make a few more friends.

Another couple of minutes had passed and I found myself going to the bar to grab some water. As I went to take my drink I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw that it was George.

"Hey" he said.

"Hey. You ok?" I was surprised he manage to get away from her.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Sorry for disappearing... you enjoying the party so far?"

"Do you know what...I actually am." I laughed awkwardly.

George chuckled. I continued, "How long have you and Alana been together?" Why did I ask that?

"Oh, no we're not together...it's complicated." He said. I could see he didn't want to talk about it so I didn't pry. Instead we just stood there in silence for a while, I was unsure of what to say.

The music had changed into something that was slower pace. A request from Alexs'  girlfriend.

"May I have this dance?" he asked with his left hand out for me to hold.

I looked onwards to see Alana talking to a bunch of her friends not even phased about what was happening.

He held out his hand and after hesitating I decided to take it. He rested his hands just above my waist and my hands were placed awkwardly on his shoulders. We had quite a bit of distance between us.

"Nance you're going to have to move a bit closer." He laughed awkwardly.

I chuckled nervously and inched forward slowly. His face was close to mine and the proximity scared me. I quickly moved my face to look over his shoulder.

We slow danced silently, I wasnt sure what to say. But I can tell you something, he sure did smell good.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." He said

"Thanks, I'm actually glad you persuaded me."

"I'm glad we're friends again..." he said

I smiled. I still couldn't being myself to confirm our friendship. Not yet.

"You know you haven't changed a bit. It's weird because you were such a tomboy and now you look totally different. A good different."

I was blushing so much but boy was I glad that it was dark.