Chapter 7: Party

Dedicated to desiremyheart thank you for everything :)

P.s vote comment and fan if you like xxxxx

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7: Party

George and I walked home together. It was a strange feeling because after everything it was like slowly things were turning back to normal. There were still things to be dealt with like Miles and my ongoing issues. My anger was still there but just not as prominent as it once was. And friendship. That was something that was going to need work. But this was just the beginning of recovery.

The first couple of minutes were spent in silence, I think we both were unsure what to say to each other. I personally couldn't think of anything to say. I looked towards him and I could see him concentrating his gaze on the path ahead. I never realised how different he looked from when we were younger. Probably a stupid thing to say but it's been a long time. He looked a lot more defined, his hair flopped in front of his eyes and would occasionally run his fingers through his hair to move it out of the way. He then shifted his gaze to me and I turned my face away.

"Are you going to the party on Saturday?" he asked.

My forehead creased, "what party?"

"Alexs. It's his birthday party. He sent out a mass invite to everyone, flyers and all."

Oh. That party. Leah had been harping on about wanting to go, trying to persuade me to go with her. "I probably missed it" I lied.

"Come with me?" he suggested.

"What...?" I blushed within an instant. Why did I blush?

"Come with me, guarantee you'll have a good time and I'll get you home safe."

Safe? Was he asking me out?

"Urm, I'm not a party person." And besides. We just sort of, kind of made amends. This was a huge leap.

"I promise you'll have a good time. Think about it and then let me know?"

"The answer will probably still be the same you know." I teased.

Were we flirting?

"Yeah but you might change your mind. You don't have my new number do you?"

I shook my head.

He got a pen out of his pocket and grabbed my hand and wrote his number down. His hands were soft and warm. I didn't even realise I was blushing. Again, why was I blushing?

"Text me ok?"

I nodded as he bid me farewell. We went our separate ways. What just happened?

............................................................................

I called Leah straight after I got home. I needed to get what had happened today off my chest. Also about the fact that George had personally asked me to go to Alex's party with him. What did this mean?

"Omg, he asked you out. Man's taking leaps. You guys just made up and everything..." Leah was getting ahead of herself.

"He's not taking leaps Leah he just asked me to come as a friend." Right?

"Two best friends who grew apart for many years are now trying to rekindle a friendship from the past. Both have grown, hormones are raging, can this be just a friendship or is it something more?" Leah teased.

"Please stop. You're so dramatic. Its not that deep." I was getting agitated.

"Anywaaaay, are you going to the party then?"