Chapter 2: Not your average teen story

Vote, Comment, Fan!!! xxxxx

Dedicated to nadyayoung , just a way of saying thank you for the follow, will be doing this for each follower :) x
--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2: Not your average teen story

After tutorial we went to attend our lessons. Leah had English Literature and I had Chemistry. I made my way into the Science building reaching the classroom with time to spare. Only a few people had taken their seats. I scanned the room to determine the best seat for the year. A seat where I would not be visible to the majority of the class but also close enough to see and hear what was going on in the lesson. I opted for the middle row, taking seat to the far left of the room.

One by one the seats were being taken but the one beside me remained empty. Of course I thought of the worst case scenario.

'Imagine if George was in the same class as you," pfft.

Naturally, this would happen in some teenage novel and not in real life, but to my surprise before I could even scoff at that idea, guess who walked in through the door? Come on. Take a guess, you probably saw this coming. I knew George took Chemistry but he was never in the same class as me. But he had to be this year...

He saw me and smiled, and started to make his way towards my end of the room.

No. God no. Please no.
*Enter Michael Scott meme*

But before my anxiety could take full effect I was interuppted by someone.

"Hi, can I sit here?" I didn't know who she was but of course I didn't object. Anyone was better than George. I saw him swerve past my desk, taking the next available seat at the back row. Phew.

The class had progressed quite fast but it was only the first lesson of this year so only the basics were covered.

"Right class before I let you go as I had mentioned at the beginning of the lesson that you will be put in pairs to complete your coursework for this semester. Now I've paired you randomly and as I call your names out in pairs you will also be dismissed from the class."

People's names were called out in pairs. The class was nearly half empty and yet I was left partner less. Even the girl who was sat next to me had gotten a partner. I didn't care who it was just as long as I wasn't paired with you know who. I looked around the classroom examining who was left. Lawrence would make a great partner. I worked with him on a project last year. He's super intelligent and hardworking. I would ace this assignment with him as my partner. Jess is sweet, she used to go to school with me, she'd also be a great partner. Anyone except George would be great.

Another couple of pairs were called out and there were only 4 people left in the room.

"Nancy and George." Hannah said

"What" I said out loud. I immediately covered my mouth regretting thinking out loud.

"Is there a problem Nancy?" Hannah asked. You bet there was a problem.

I shook my head and slouched in my seat. This was going to be so awkward. I looked back and saw the smug look on his face. Why me?

I packed my bag as fast as I could and sped walked out of the class room.

"Nancy!" he called as he caught up to me.

"Hey, I didn't know you took Chemistry." He began.

Of course he didn't know. He was too busy being a self centred prick to realise. I remained silent. I sped up my pace, trying to give him a hint that I wasn't interested in striking up a conversation. Would he be offended if I were to make a bolt for it?

I looked at him perplexed by his change in nature. Why was he making an effort after all these years is beyond me.

"Do you remember when we were paired up in year 4-"

Thats it. "What are you doing?" I interrupted him. We stopped walking and were stood in the middle of the corridor.

"What do you mean?" his forehead creased with confusion. "Don't you want to catch up?"

"Cah-catch up? I'm sorry. You want to catch up. After like what 5 years you want to catch up?" I laughed at his face. The anxiety took the back seat for a second and the anger that had been building up over the past few years had finally unleashed, driving at full force. I was not holding back. Even though I knew I was going to regret the outburst later.

"- You had plenty of opportunities to catch up. You can't simply expect to just catch up after 5 years George. You catch up with someone when they return from like a holiday or if you like lived somewhere else and you were back in town for a few days or whatever. But you want to catch up now? Ok, so to what do I owe this pleasure?"

The words spilled out of my mouth and I struggled to keep my voice at a whisper. This built up rage that I kept inside me for so long just bursted. I was shocked that I said what I had. And immediatley conflicting emotions battled inside my head. I regretted saying what I said, but I was angry and sad and like the words that could not stay within their barrier, pouring out of my mouth, tears began forming in my eyes trying to escape. Why was I such a wreck? This idiot never gave two shits about you. Get a grip Nancy. Hold it together. And I did, barely.

"Woah, look I'm just trying to make conversation." He held his hands. "We've known each other since when we were kids, we're friends-"

"Were. I don't even know you anymore." I said in a whisper.

I looked at him and scoffed. His expression was blank and all I could feel were the tears that I held in my eyes buld up, forming a wall causing my vision to become blurry. I walked away from him wiping the one rogue tear that escaped from my left eye. He's not the same George I used to know. He was someone else.

So much for having a good start to the first day back at college.