Chapter 12: Hilary Duff

Dedicated to elevct thank you for the follow! will be doing for all followers!

Finally back with a new chapter! Thank you for those who messaged me telling me to continue with the story. Hopefully will be posting weekly now! Please don't forget to comment, fan or vote if you like this chapter or book!

...........................................................................

"Next to perform are the Parkstone vixens."

Breathe.

"Ok girls come on we can do this. We've nailed this routine a million times, we got this. Hands all in!"

I could barely hear the girls over my heart beating violently in my chest. I never thought in a million years I would be performing on a stage. Who would've thought someone suffering from anxiety would be performing on a stage with hundreds of eyes on them. I certainly wouldn't bet against those odds. Yet here I am.

"Nancy? Nancy!?"

"Huh, what?"

"Hands in."

"Oh, right, yeah..."

"Let's. Go. Vixens!"

If I was feeling like my normal self I would've cringed at this very moment. But my mind was preoccupied elsewhere. The group made their way to the stage with me lagging behind. My breathing rapidly increased, becoming louder and louder with every step I took and my hands began to tremble. What have I gotten myself into?

I took my position towards the front and looked out towards the crowd. The lights for the staging almost blinded me, blurring out the faces of the audience leaving only the bodies to be seen. Even though I couldn't see their faces, I knew they could see me.

It was going to begin at any moment. I felt my feet getting ready to move but not for the routine. I wanted to run away from the platform and just in time I saw the face I needed to see. George.

* 1 hour ago *

The competition had begun. We were the second to last to perform. Not the greatest position I must say, considering us having to remain backstage watching all the other teams perform their routine. The girls were becoming anxious, which didnt settle well with me considering I was relying on them to make me feel at ease.

As I started picking up on the nervous energy emerging from the group I decided to take myself outside to clear my mind. I made an excuse and told them I was going to the toilets. I needed to get out of here. As soon as I made it out the back door my adrenaline starting pumping. I was starting to panic. Now that I had made my way out I didnt want to go back in. I wanted to run away and not come back, but I knew I couldn't do it to the girls. I stood there conflicted, ready to have a nervous breakdown. However, before that could happen I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was George.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?"

"Oh, uh, hey, just urm, just getting some fresh air." I fully wasnt expecting him to come.

"Ah ok. Listen sorry I'm late. I had a few things to deal with. You guys haven't had your turn have you? I didnt miss it?" He sounded apologetic.

"No no, theres a while yet till we go on."

We stood there in silence for a few seconds.

"You sure you're ok?"

As I looked at him, I became overwhelmed with emotion, because I wasnt ok. I was not ok. Hold it together woman.