Chapter 5: We're Not 5 Anymore

Vote, Comment, Fan :)

Dedicated to LockedInWonderland4 as a thank you for following me :) Will be doing for each follower. Love you guys! xxx

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5: We're not 5 anymore

The weekend had come by quick. On Saturday's I would help my Nan restock her shelves for her store. It was like a little corner shop which she would sell milk and food etc... I entered the shop and to my surprise there was someone already in here. The dark mysterious figure was opening the supply boxes. My heart stopped as I thought a thief had entered the shop. I looked to both my sides to see if there was anything I could use to my defence but all I saw was an empty flower vase. I made my way towards the figure and as he turned around he grabbed my arm, before I could smash the vase into his head.

It was George. "OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? YOU GAVE ME A FUCKING HEART ATTACK!"

"Sorry! I didn't know you were here." He chuckled.

It took a couple of minutes for my heart to return to its normal pace before I could continue speaking again.

"What are you doing here?" I sounded breathless.

"I'm here to help your Nan. I was at Grandads last night and I was going to come by to the store anyways. Then I saw her struggling with the supplies so I offered to help and voila here I am." He smirked at me.

"You don't need to help out anymore, I'm here now, it's ok you can leave. Thanks for the help anyways." I told him as I moved the supply boxes out of his way.

"Woah. Woah, Woah!" he said as he grabbed the boxes from my hand. His fingertips brushed across my hand, they were so soft and warm, "I offered to help your Nan and she said yes and unless she says so I'm not leaving." His palms remained on top of my hands. My heart fluttered and I could feel my cheeks starting to turn red. I didn't like this feeling.

Nan appeared from the store room and made her way towards George and I. He quickly snatched the boxes from my hand. I felt my cheeks slowly return to their normal colour. That was a sense of relief.

"I need to go out to town to run some errands and I'll be back within an hour or less. Do you think you both will be able to look after the shop while I'm gone?"

Before I could answer George had interrupted, "Yep, we'll be fine." And with that sentence, my Nan left the shop.

I could feel the awkwardness between us both. Purely because of what had just happened and that we weren't on good terms. He didn't make the effort to talk, which is great for me because I'm always trying to avoid him.

We both worked on different shelves and remained silent throughout the restocking. There was one shelf left to restock on my side and it was the shelf that was behind the counter, however, it was too high for me to reach.

I'm only 5'4 which meant that I was definitely not capable of restocking that shelf. I could ask George but that would mean that I would have to talk to him. Screw that. I remembered that there was a ladder in the back room.

After retrieving the ladder I made sure that it was stable so that I wouldn't fall. I slowly climbed up and I carefully reached for the supply box which was on the counter and before I knew it I slipped. A sharp pain rose from my left leg. The pain spread and I could feel the tears on the lining of my eye. I screamed in agony.

"Nancy, are you ok!?"

Am I ok? Does he not hear me screaming in pain?

"Jeez, what did you do!?" He exclaimed before rushing up to me helping me up. "Come on Nance."