Chapter 11: Sweatshirt

Dedicated to Gatsbyscout thank you for the follow! will be doing for all followers!

Please don't forget to comment, fan or vote if you like this chapter or book! It's about to get interesting, trust me!

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11: Sweatshirt

Leah had created a list for me, the 'how to make your crush jealous list'. She gave me the crumpled piece of scrap paper on the bus and told me not to open it till I got home. So I didn't. I lay there in my bed dreading to read what Leah was going to make me do. I slowly unfolded the paper and let out a sigh. Here we go.

How to make your crush jealous:

1. Be sexy.

I burst out into to laughter. This girl is going to make my life hell. I looked back at the paper after composing myself and started to read again.

1. Be sexy, jk, jk! But seriously though switch it up, show him what he's been missing. So far he knows you as his childhood best friend. You're a kid to him. Time to grow up.

2. Brush him off. You're so keen. Don't always start the conversation. Don't always laugh at his jokes. Don't flirt. You're so bad at it anyways. But seriously the less you spend time with him and avoid him the better, it'll drive him crazy ;)

3. Find someone else man. LUCAS. Give him a chance, when George will see you guys together he will discover his undying love for you :P

4. Talk about Lucas to George. Like come on if this doesn't make him jealous I don't know what will.

5. Be affectionate towards Lucas in front of George. Trust me that's the killer.

I looked at the list and scoffed I can't believe she's telling me to do this stuff. I pull my phone out of my pocket and text Leah to tell her how crazy she is, even though I know this is what was going to happen.

*Thursday*

After practice Leah dragged me to the sports field, despite my best efforts to stop her. We went back to the stands and sat down but we were closer this time. It was so cold today as well. I was wearing a plain ¾ length white tee which was tucked into my high waisted black jeans. I wore fluffy socks with my trainers but my feet were still cold. Leah made me take off my yellow knit cardigan and give it to her before we came to the field. Even though we had come out of practice the sweat and perspiration had disappeared as soon as we had reached the outdoors. The ice cold air had hit like a ton of bricks draining every bit of warmth in my body within seconds. British weather for ya.

"Leah I'm freezing" I said as my teeth chattered.

"Well let's just hope Lucas gives you his sweatshirt" she winked at me. I rolled my eyes and envied her as she wore my cardigan and kept herself warm.

My eyes shifted to George and I waited for him to look my way but he didn't. Instead Lucas did. He gave a big smile and waved and jogged over to my direction.

"Hey, I'm glad you came" he used his hands to brush his hair back and a little bit of sweat trickled down his forehead.

I didn't know how to respond. I just smiled.

"Stick around, I'll talk to you soon."

I wasnt planning on going anywhere anyways. And besides I'm pretty sure my body was frozen solid. No chance of moving.

The coach had called him back to practice. As I saw him run back to his team I looked at George. He had his arm out and grabbed Lucas by the shoulder and huddled him into the group. I just wished he looked my way.