Chapter 4: Temporary Hiccup

Vote, comment, fan! :)

Dedicated to xSkylarxBowen, thanks for the follow! Will be doing for all followers! xx

* WARNING *

This chapter contains references to sexual assault.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: Temporary Hiccup

It was the next morning. The morning sun seeped in through my cream coloured curtains, illuminating my room with a soft yellow hue. I got up from the bed and dragged my feet across the carpet and made my way drowsily towards the bathroom.

After my shower I got ready for another day of college. I stayed at Nan's last night. I was afraid that if I stepped foot out of the house again I would be faced with George for the fourth time. I don't think I could've handled another encounter.

Luckily I had some spare clothes left from the last time I stayed. I wore a grey knit sweater that was loosely tucked into the blue mom jeans I wore yesterday worn with the same white converses.

I was running late as usual and threw my hair into a loosley braided plait. As I made my way out of the room I was just pleased I didn't have to race down the stair for my breakfast.

Before I left I gave Nan a kiss, thanking her for letting me stay and telling her I'd be back soon. I only lived two roads away.

I ran to the bus stop and had just made it with a minute to spare. Leah waved in my direction as I made my way up to her.

"Hey, I didn't see you after first period yesterday. Where did you go?" I asked her.

"Didn't you get my text? Sorry. I was at the office all day yesterday. Turns out they miscalculated my timetable and I had lessons overlapping. How was your first day?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Spill! I bet you have a lot to tell me"

I told Leah everything that had happened.

"Hmmm".

"Hmmmm? Is that all you could muster?" I laughed.

"Well, don't rip my head off when I say this, just think about it for a second. What if he's changed?" Leah said sincerely.

I shook my head looking at her in disbelief. She was supposed to be on my side.

"People like him change all the time. I don't trust him.."

"Look. I'm just saying, people go through shit in life and like 90% of what people go through we dont even see. Yes, what he did was completely unjustified and wrong on so many levels but if he's trying to make amends now the least you could do is hear him out. And then you can make a judgement. I'm not asking you to forgive him. Im just asking you to give him a chance to see why he's reaching out."

"But why now Leah? After all this time why now?" I wasn't having it.

"He was stupid. And maybe embarrassed? He probably couldn't face you after everything. You know your dad would've wanted you to give him a chance."

I sat there annoyed. Annoyed because she was right. My dad would want me to forgive and forget and build bridges and move on and all that crap. But, my dad isn't here anymore. He left the world dealing with a lot of shit. If he was still here, then yeah, maybe. But he's not. I don't know if I could forgive, but I know that I'm justified to feel this way. I'm not ready to leave my anger just yet.