Chapter 6: You Were Being A Shithead

P.S Vote comment and fan if you enjoy the story thank you.

Dedicated to Lexi_Luthor3 thanks for the follow :) (will be doing for all followers)

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6: You Were Being A shithead

It was a Saturday evening. After the incident I spent the rest of the day contemplating about the conversation I had with George. Mum had picked me up and took me home from Nan's house. I sat on the sofa in front of the TV when my brother jumped onto the seat beside me.

"How's it going cripple"

I scoffed at him, "piss off Rueben"

He laughed before continuing, "So how did this happen then?

"I fell of a ladder..." I looked at him and he burst out laughing.

After he consoled himself he began speaking again "If you can't reach, you should've just left it. Should've asked for help."

"Well, I wasn't going to ask George for help so I thought I would do it by myself."

"Wait, George was there? What was he doing there?" he looked concerned.

"Oh, well he saw Nan struggling with taking in the supply boxes into the store before I came so he decided to help..."

He stared into a space, "Did anything else happen?"

I shook my head, "besides having a go at him not really."

He laughed. Then he turned serious.

"I know that you're pissed at him and believe me I was too. Holding all this anger benefits no one. In fact it'll just turn you bitter. I was angry for so long, from everything before dads death to after. And I hated myself for feeling that way. I was just a bitter person. I uh, I actually spoke to George last summer."

When did that happen. I frowned at him and I was about to say something.

"Now dont kill me just hear me out. There is absolutely no justification for what he did. That's a fact. But the least you could do is listen to what he has to say. And trust me after you hear him out maybe some things will fall into place. Maybe you can let go of all this bitterness. But you need to give him that chance. Just speak to him ok? Lifes too short to be angry all the time."

I listened to him but it didn't necessarily meant I agree.

"Promise me you'll talk to him?"

"I make no promises."

Rueben raised his eyebrow.

"Fine. I'll try." Like I said. No promises.

I made my way up the stairs and what Rueben said loomed in my mind. What was his reason for behaving the way he did. As far as I was concerned he didn't lose the person he loved nor did he lose a friend, he just left them behind...

*Monday*

As I limped my way to the bus stop I could see Leah.

We got onto the bus I explained to her what happened over the weekend. I also mentioned what Rueben had said. She teased me over my close encounter with George before turning into an agony aunt. It was funny that both of them were asking me to give him a chance.

"Are you sure you and Rueben didn't come up with a plan to persuade me to talk to George?"

Leah laughed, "believe me Nance, pure coincidence. BTW not taking sides but Rueben has a point. 1 chance. That's all you need to give him."