Chapter 10: Make Him Jealous

Please vote, fan and comment if you are enjoying the book so far!

Dedicated StarryxSykes, thanks for the follow!

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10: Make him jealous

After watching the game Leah and Danny had dropped me home and as I left the car I could see my mum standing beside the window looking out. As soon as she set her eyes on me I could see that she was angry. It was 7:45pm and I told her I would be home by 6. I was late, but mind you this isn't something I do at all, so no wonder she's angry.

As I put my key in the door and step into the house I heard the rapid footsteps come towards me.

"Nancy Marie why are you home so late?" Ok so she probably wasn't as pissed as I thought, she only managed to get to my middle name. I looked at her, unaware of what to say.

"Sorry mum. I went to watch the practice rugby match with Leah after practice, I forgot to call." I gave my best "I'm so sorry" face.

She looked at me and gave a huge sigh, "next time call me, or even message me so I know where you are, I was worried."

"Sorry, it won't happen again. Promise."

She gave me a half smile before disappearing off into the living room. I scurried up the stairs and into my bedroom, jumping into my bed. I still had the piece of paper in my hand, unaware of what to do.

Should I call? No, I better not. Why not? You don't know him. Clearly he doesn't want to know you as a friend. Wait, does he like me? No, why would you think that. Maybe he dropped it by accident. But why would he have a piece of paper with his number on it signed with his name in the first place anyways? Maybe he likes you?

I let out a huge sigh. I was confused and clearly I couldn't discuss this with Leah because she was staying over at her boyfriend's tonight. She probabaly doesn't want to talk to me right now.

I could talk to George? Why would I even think about that? He's your best friend, well, was and besides he has a girlfriend I think. If anything he'll be more than supportive. He's happy in his relationship. He doesn't like you that way...George doesn't like me that way.

I sat up on my bed, disheartened. Maybe I should ask George. I spent the rest of the night debating with myself as to whether to message him or not but I chickened out every time.

*The next day*

I decided to walk to college today as Leah wasn't getting the bus. It felt a bit awkward getting the bus without her, plus it was a lovely day. Although the weather was getting colder it was the perfect balance between the warmth and the beginning of autumn. I wore a knit dark green jumper which was partly tucked into my black high waisted jeans and a pair of black combat boots. My hair was done up loosely in a bun with a few strands of hair escaping near my forehead. As I walked I was deep within my own thoughts, thinking about what had happened yesterday. My only company was the sounds of the crispy leaves beneath my feet that scuffled with every step I took. Strangely, in a sense, it was comforting. As if the sounds below my feet were my companion for this walk.

As I reached the gates of the college I kept my eyes focused on my shoes. If I didn't see anything or anyone it wouldn't bother me. But also if I didn't look ahead it could mean I would bump into someone unknowingly, and that's exactly what happened. Whoever it was they stood their ground, they didn't move an inch. I, on the other hand, rebounded and walked backwards a few steps. I looked up to apologise and saw that it was Miles. His smile alone made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.