Chapter 14

It was pitch black, the sun had sunk below the horizon, and the moon sat proudly in the black sky, illuminating the night. The reverse world was void of sound as most Pokemon were asleep, except for the nocturnal types. Who stealthily waited for any prey to unluckily trespass into their territory. Aside from a lone Pidgeot effortlessly slicing through the sky at incredible speed.

The flying type Pokemon then gracefully landed in a large grassy clearing, where the God Pokémon laid resting in the middle of the field.

"Arceus. You need to wake up," Pidgeotsquawked in its native tongue.

Immediately, red-eyes snapped opened from the resting Pokemon. "What is it," Arceus muttered calmly.

"Lucario has requested your presence at the Vidirian Forest portal." The God Pokemon let out a huff as it slowly got to its feet. "It's an urgent matter," Pidgeot quickly added.

The red eyes of Arceus snapped to the bird, "Do you know what it is?"

She shook her head. "I don't know. I saw him looking into the Vidiran forest crystal before he ordered me to find you," she exclaimed.

Levitating into the air, he prompted, "Let's go. Take me to him." Immediately, the two took to the skies and flew at tremendous speeds to the aura Pokemon.

As they finally reached the crystal and spotted Lucario, Arceus boomed, "What is it Lucario? Why are you even up this late?"

The Aura Pokemon quickly turned to the mighty Pokemon landing before him. "Thank you, Pidgeot. That would be all," Lucario ordered. Pidegot nimbly left after she let out an almighty squawk. Lucario locked onto Arceus and suggested seriously, "You need to look through this portal."

When Arceus heard this, he immediately walked up to the shiny crystal and looked. It's red eyes widen as though the crystal lens, there were dozens of people dressed in Red, bringing boxes into what looks to be a makeshift building. The building was black and had a sizeable satellite spinning on its roof. Cars and lights were seen stationed around where the portal would form if summoned upon by Giratina. Tents were also set up further back near the tree line. Arceus then saw some grunts with strange devices in the hands, waving them close to the ground and occasionally marking and collecting certain pieces into plastic bags.

Arceus turned back to Lucario and asked, "How long have they been here?"

"I felt a strange chill as I walked past here, so I checked the crystal and saw them constructing the building." Arceus nodded. "That was about... 3 hours ago. But they could have been there longer," Lucario finished explaining.

Hearing this, Arceus looked back through the crystal, its eyes immediately snapped to two new figures walking into view, both of them wearing black suits. The older man had a black bald cut, while the younger one had orange lion's mane surrounding his face. Arceus focused on the older man; his face stuck out like a shiny pokemon in the wild.

"Lucario, you need to come look at this," Arceus suggested.

Hearing this, Lucario stepped forward and peered into the crystal, his ruby red eyes dilated when it went up on the old man.

"Does he look familiar to you?" Arceus posed, as Lucario's paws clench into a fist. His body began pumping anger around his system.

"Its Giovanni. No question about it," he exclaimed with an air of venom behind his voice. "But I do not know who the orange-haired man is. Never seen him."

"This is not good. It seems that our latest moves have been detected. Don't let anyone use the portal into Viridian forest. It's no longer safe," Arceus calculated.