Chapter 7

Gary then sighed and hesitatively exclaimed, "Hey Ash..."

"Gary" I coldly replied. I can see where he is going to take this.

"I'm sorry" he announces.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ash POV  

I knew it. Let's see where he takes this. I reply blandly, "Ok," hoping for him to eleborate. Instead, he stood there, stone-faced. Like a broken machine you find at an old arcade store. Its there but unresponsive. Unable to program what to do next. After what must of felt like hours, but in reality it was couple of seconds, I retort "Wow, you are really good at this aren't you." 

"Hey now, Gary Oak doesn't do sorry that often so you better feel privileged," Gary defended. I loudly chuckle. Classic Gary.

"Yeah, the only person you apologise to constantly is dawn." I joke. Making Gary shake his head.  

He again took a deep breath. Gosh, I have never seen him this nervous since he asked Dawn out. "I'm sorry for abandoning you when you needed a friend the most. I'm sorry for standing and watching you suffer for the past 3 years. And I'm sorry for being a coward," he finally announced

Shocked I reply. "Gary a coward? What did you do to yourself? Did you and Dawn-?"

"What the hell ash!? No. God no. I just... grew up. Saw the world from another different lens. Look Ash the only reason why I abandoned you was Calem. He threatened the people that mean the most to me. Professor Oak, my mum, you, and most of all Dawn. I couldn't take any risk. I'm sorry. I should have tried harder. I was too scared of him. I know deep down that I shouldn't be scared of him and that his threats were shallow but... But he threatened Dawn. I couldn't take any chances... Sorry."

Solemnly, I place my hand on his shoulder. And shot him a reassuring smile. "Gary, I don't blame you for doing that. In life, sacrifices have to be made, don't they? At least my sacrifice was for a good cause," I reply.

"Yeah. I guess." Gary hesitantly stated.

I then walk so I'm standing to the side of him. I then drape my arm behind his neck placing my hand on his other shoulder. I then exclaim "I'm glad you are actually taking your relationship with Dawn seriously. Hell if you two broke up I would come to your house and murder you. I know where you live Gary. It took a lot of my time, sweat and tears to get you to stick with one girl."

He then burst out laughing. "O my gosh. I was such a kid back then. I thought I was the best in the world. I soon found out that I wasn't. Thanks to you Ash."

I nod my head in acknowledgment. I then remove my hand that laid around his neck. "About your apology... I'll accept it but I won't completely trust it. Gary, words are easy to say. It's easy to turn a bad lie into a believe one. Gary, I rather be slapped with the truth. Not kissed by a lie" Gary nods " I said this already today to Serena. But actions speak louder than words. I want your actions to apologies to me, not your words."

"Don't worry Ash I will," Gary swore. I nod my head. Hopefully, you will Gary. Hopefully.

Gary then joked "Now, about you and Serena."

I feel my cheeks started to turn into a Jigglypuff. Only this Jigglypuff didn't put people to sleep. I then cautiously replied, "Well... I know she has a crush on me."

I see Gary's face mouth drop. "What! How did you know she had a crush on you?" He curiously exclaimed.

"Just a feeling I have."