Chapter 2

A/N

This chapter does contain a bit of violence.

And there is also a tinny bit of swearing.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ash POV

Giovanni stood there in shock of the gallant words that just came out of my mouth. Most of his face was unreadable, but his eyes sold the story. They were as wide as a Snorlax. If not for the situation, I would have laughed a bit due to the face he was unconsciously pulling. Suddenly, he strangely burst out laughing. Confused, I looked around me if anything happened. But nothing did. Everything still the same. Weird. When I looked back, his jet black eyes caught my chocolate brown ones. His face was this time completely unreadable, like a stone. He then callously admitted, "Like father like son. He never knew when to give up. He should have given up on you at the start. But no. The motto, 'never give up' made him care for you, even if you were useless. That was your father's downfall. You know that, right?"

I angrily roared, "Don't you dare talk like that about my father. He is still out there I feel it. I feel it in here." I then proceed to place my right hand over my heart. "I know he would never give up on us. Not until the end."

"Well guess what kid, it is the end. He is dead, as an entombed mummy," He spat.

I then retort, "With that pale skin of your people may mistake you as a mummy."

Giovanni then furiously knocked over his chair and screamed, "That's it. I had enough come here, you little shit."

He quickly rushes up to me, like a cheetah running. He proceeds to pull his right hand back, preparing for a powerful slap to my cheek. When his intensified hand calm down, I duck underneath his hand and then threw q a quick yet accurate jab to his nose. It connects right in the middle of it. I feel the crack of its bones right on my knuckle. He then stumbles back while holding his now bleeding nose. It was like a waterfall of blood. However, he swiftly recovers and grabs my face. His large hands covered my entire face. He then drags me towards the marble dining table. I try wiggling out of his vice-grip hold by kicking, squirming and flailing my arms everywhere hoping to make any contact on the beast. In reply, Giovanni then punched me in the stomach, winding me, stopping my aggression for the time being.

He grabbed my neck, bringing my feet off the ground. I felt a tremendous amount of pressure coursing through my veins in my throat as his thick hands squeezed. Vigorously, he slammed my face down into the marble dining table. The once pristine white marble now had cracks and a dent where my face made contact. Puddles of blood begin to containment the white colouring of the table. Rapidly, turning it into a sea of blood. The deranged man then held my face down with even more pressure down onto the wrecked table. He was almost compressing my face into the table. My nose and mouth submerged by the sea of blood growing on the once-white table. I began to choke and drown on my very own blood. Suddenly, Giovanni then relented the dominating grip he had on my face. I then slump down onto the ground, holding my face in pain. I began coughing out all the blood my body digested. My face wholly submerged with blood from the tip of my hair and down towards my neck. My body felt like a Truck went through it. Before I could recover from the vigorous slam, he begins kicking my ribs. Air rushed out of my already weakened body. Like a Marjikarp out of the water, I was gasping for air. I try to crawl up into a ball to protect my ribs, but there is only so much I can do against the might of the devil.

I hear my mum begging for him to stop. However, he doesn't listen. Why would he? He doesn't care for anyone. All he cares about is himself and the dollars and cents in his bank account. I begin to start coughing vigorously. Giovanni then went down onto his knees so that he could see my face clearer. He then callously spits, "not my best work of art, perhaps it will need a little more... sculpting." Abruptly, I hear a scream from my mum and soon after a loud bang sound from the blooded dining table. When my body finally gathered the strength to move my sore face, I saw Giovanni screaming and rolling on the ground ground, grabbing at his bloodied forehead. And my mum standing over me taking in long deep breaths with her fist clenched—adrenaline coursing through her veins. Giovanni then managed to elevate himself to his feet and then stumbled his way into his office slamming and locking the door when he entered. When he left, I see my mum drop her shoulders and take a sigh full of relief. She then knelt to the ground to inspect my injuries. My breath still gasping with pain. She then whispered, "Its ok Ash, everything will be fine." Abruptly, my vision begins to blur as my mum managed to sling my arm around her neck.