Chapter 5

ASH POV

As I lay silently on my warm bed, thoughts bounce around my head like many Spoinks in a small box. Should I accept? Or should I not? The million-dollar question that I couldn't answer.

If I do accept then I would gain amazing magical powers. I would also create groundbreaking connections with Pokemon. That sound so Awesome just thinking about it

But then I put the lives of everyone I care about at risk. I could destroy the peace of prosperity pokemon enjoy. And if my mum finds out she is going to flip. Or faint one of the two. What if people at school find out? Then they will treat me like an outcast.

If I don't accept then my life goes on as normal. Go to school get talked down to, then come home and get talked down to even more. But at least I will not have to worry about destroying the flora and fauna of a whole alternate dimension right?

What am I saying, I have no idea what to do?

Annoyed, I cover my face with my hands, letting out my frustration as I breathe heavily. "Dad. I wish you were here," I croak thought my fingers.

Suddenly a bright light appeared in front of me illumining that black night around me. When it dissipates I see a tall man dressed in a red jacket, red hat and blue shorts. Like me but in red.

"Dad," I shout. I ran to the figure, enveloping him in a loving hug. But when I do, the feeling of loneliest and nothingness lingered in my body. My body phased through his like a sailfish gliding in water. I bow my head in sorrow. The ghost of my father then places his palm hand over my shoulder. My body then suddenly was coursing with warmth, removing all the darkness left in it.

"Life is full of tough decisions. You can't make them any easier."

"But, what should I do? Can you help me?"

"The decision is yours. Only you can make it. Choices are the hinges of destiny. Only you can shape your own."

"But what if I choose wrong?"

"No matter your choice I will always love you. Your life changes the moment you make a new and committed decision. So when you make your decision, put your whole heart into it. Embrace it. No matter what you choose you will face challenging obstacles that will test your mind and body. But you have to keep pushing. There are going to be high's and lows caused by your decision. But remember there has never been a smooth mountain. It's going to be a rocky journey. But when you reach the top, the end of your journey, you will know that you have made the right choice." He then releases his hand from my shoulder. The feeling of warmth oozing out of my body rapidly.

"No dad wait!" I bellow.

"I love you, Ash." He calmly exclaims. I then reach out to grasps his redshirt but to no avail. His ghostly figure fading into the curtain of the night. The colour of the darkness once again encapsulating my body. And the cold feel of loneliness returns filling my body with fear.

"Pika?" I hear an innocent voice squeak behind me. Without looking I know its Pikachu

"Pikachu? What are you doing here?" I question while facing away from him.

Suddenly I hear the yelp "Pika Chuuuuuuuuuu," with the crackle of electricity being unleashed.

3rd Person

It's a beautiful clear day in the small town. The sun rays cascading down over the mountain that shadowed around the town. The citizen of Pallet Town all awake, or waking up ,to start their day. Well, almost everyone. The boy was still fast asleep, in his comfy bed with little care of the world around him. Caught up in his own mystical world, imagined in his head. Little did he know, there was a yellow guardian angel watching over him throughout the night. Through his bedroom window. Suddenly a small pink kitten-like creature with a long tail glides over and places it self-next to Pikachu. "Wow, you really are a stalker Pikachu. Watching Ash while he is sleeping what else are you going to do," Mew exclaimed in its native tongue.