Chapter 10

Thank you for 2,000 reads! Sorry for taking forever to update the book. Hopefully, the next chapter will be faster.

***

Appearing from nowhere the trio beamed into existence. Landing themselves in front of the stone monument that honoured the late and great Sir Aaron with his iconic blue hat perched on top. Below the words 'never give up till the end' were engraved into stone. The three Pokemon stood there in awe of the monument. Paying respects to their fallen hero. Only silence could be heard ringing between the trio.

Even if Mew and Typholsion didn't know the knight personally, in fact, they never saw him, they still can feel his almighty presence on their world just by looking at this monument and stories enthusiastically told by Arecues and Lucario.

While Lucario looked down at the dirt ground unable to stare at his former master's possession. Whenever he tried to look the aura Pokémon felt tears whirling around his eyes so he looked down to hide and cleanse his emotions. Lucario never got to see Sir Aaron ever since Pokemon disappeared. He never spoke to him again. His master. His best friend ripped away from each other after spending so much time with each other. Lucario knew that he had to go. But deep down, the lingering feeling of regret always reared its ugly head to disturb Lucario's peace. It always bugged him that he was never able to say one last goodbye this his friend. He wasn't able to confront his friend through his final minutes on Earth. Even after Sir Aaron's passing, the aura Pokemon still held out hope that he was still alive. Clinging onto the last straws of memories he had of him. But eventually letting go, when accepting that he wasn't coming back. Leaving an empty hole in his soul that cannot  be filled.

Bringing him out of his trance Mew called out, "Shall we get going?"

Looking back up, the pondering Pokemon took a moment to stare at his partners. After a couple of seconds, he finally answered, "You two go ahead... I have to visit an old friend." Understandably, Typohlsion and Mew turned on their heel and walked towards to where Ash and Pikachu may end up. Leaving Lucario alone, in blissful silence, in front of his former master.

Suddenly, Lucario dropped onto his knees and closed his eyes, embracing the peaceful nature around him. He then says out loud, "Hello again master. Its been a while since I talked to you. A lot has changed since we last spoke. I've met a young boy. He reminds me of you. Excited, energetic and most of all, selfless. He brings back all the memories I made with you all those centuries ago. Perhaps I make new memories with him." Lucario then sighs after saying this. "But he isn't going to replace the hole you left. No one can and no one ever will. I wish you were here to see him. You would love him like he was your little brother. The kid is going to become something special. But I don't know if I can be the teacher that he needs. Other students, I have overlooked crumbled other my watch. My latest was another failure of my teaching because that blasted Giovanni decided to swoop." Lucario hands formed into a fist and his aura violently flared at the thought of the devious man. To recover from this spike in anger, Lucario took a moment to compose himself.

After a couple of deep breaths, his balled fist relented. He quietly said, "What if the same thing happens to Ash? He may be our last hope to complete the quest you started. And if I fail him. Then I fail you. And it would kill me if that happened. If you were here you would easily teach the boy correctly. But I'm not you. There is a reason why I was your apprentice."

Lucario then knelled there for minutes looking down onto the dirt ground. Engulfed in the blissful silence of nature. No reply to his batch of questions and wishes. But Lucario wasn't fazed by this. It always ended like this. In silence with no answers to give him closure. Nevertheless, the Pokemon just felt more relaxed and free after venting all his anger and frustrations. Perhaps Sir Aaron was listening to his rant Lucario pondered. Lucario then locked eyes onto Sir Aaron's hat and exclaimed, "Thank you for listening master..."