Prologue

Hundreds of years ago

Thud Thud Thud. The sound of boots and paws pattered across the dirt. Responsible for this, a great knight stood from the mighty Kingdom of Rota. If you had one word to describe this trusted knight, it was selfless. His heroic actions in defending his kingdom and name sent shock waves worldwide. His 'never give up' attitude ensured the kingdom's success and is why it's still flourishing today. 

However, he wasn't fighting for his country on this fateful day. Today, he was against his nation fighting for Pokémon. Beside him was a blue wolf-like Pokemon, with metal spikes protruding from his hand's back and a black-like mask surrounding his ruby-red eyes. Next to each other, the duo was seen climbing a steep mountain a couple of kilometres from the perimeter walls of the kingdom of Rota. It was covered with lush green trees and vibrant green grass. 

The knight's legs ached in his black knee-high boots; his black cloak ripped to pieces, and his blue tunic had stains of dried blood dotted about the fabric. His once lavish raven-black hair was now layered with dust. Even when his body screamed for him to stop moving, his determined mind did not deviate from the task. He was not going to give up. He never does. He believed he could do anything as long as he had Lucario at his side.

Suddenly, the mountain levelled, and the pair immediately stopped. The knight's hands went onto his knees as he sucked the life-giving air into his screaming lungs. When he regained enough oxygen, he looked and admired his bear surroundings. Unlike the pristine ground he would find in his kingdom, around him lay a brown and dead environment. No trees grew, only dead shrubbery. No grain of grass grew. Only dirt existed on the barren ground. 

Suddenly, a giant white horse-like creature with a golden ring shot out of a purple portal. When this creature landed, the ground shook like it was experiencing a mini-earthquake. The knight and Lucario stumbled to their knees due to the force generated.

Somewhat shaken, the knight exclaimed, "Arceus, I managed to steal the jewel of life from the kingdom. Were you able to bring every Pokemon to safety?" The knight questioned.

Arceus then stated, "Of course. I am the God of Pokemon for a reason. I have brought every Pokemon on the planet to the reverse world."

"Reverse world?" Aaron confusedly asked.

Arceus then explained, "It is an alternate dimension. It opposes the reality of this world. The two worlds affect each other and are connected but do not intersect." Sir Aaron then nodded in understanding. Arceus then demanded, "Now to important matters, the jewel of life." Hastily, Sir Aaron reached into his torn cloak and pulled out a green orb. The giant creature's green eyes then dilated when seeing the illuminating sphere. Suddenly, the orb started to levitate from Sir Aaron's hands and moved to Arceus. A bright light began to illuminate from the orb. The Knight and fighting-type Pokemon had to shield their eyes from the glowing, luminous orb. When the light subsided, the orb was gone, absorbed into the majestic Pokemon. The Pokemon then exclaimed, "Sir Aaron, I must thank you for everything you have done for Pokemon. You have illustrated that not all humans are selfish, greedy and narrow-minded creatures. However, your species is not capable of living in tandem with Pokemon. Yet. Thus, we must go into hiding in the reverse world. You can keep Lucario if you wish, but beware of the consequence if he is spotted."

Suddenly, the sound of battle horns and boots stomping echoed loudly around the mountain range. The kingdom of Rota is coming. Promptly, Sir Aaron then turned to his best friend and stared down into his red eyes. The knight said, "You are going to this reverse world; it is unsafe here."

Lucario's eyes grew wide with disbelief, "No master, I want to stay here with you. I have learnt so much from you. You have saved my life and the lives of Pokemon plenty of times. Now let me repay you," begged Lucario.