Chapter 9

New chapter... Finally. Sorry for taking a while to update. Information on when the next chapter will be released will be at the end of this chapter. I hope you enjoy it! And don't be afraid to comment and vote.

"Now, since your wounds have now been removed, let's move to the next part of your training," Lucario directed while handing the blue jacket back to Ash.

"Right." Ash complies while hastily putting on the jacket over his now rejuvenated body. Ash's body hasn't felt this clean and pure since Giovanni became his guardian. Even since he became his guardian, his body has been bruised and wounded constantly over the three years. Like a Metapod, Ash felt like his body has shredded the battered skin off. Replacing it with a new and pristine layer that was held back for years due to the dark shadow of Giovanni.

"Now, since you have learnt to see Aura, which took an extremely short amount of time," Lucario mumbled. " I'm going to teach you how to read one's aura. To put it simply, this ability will allow you to determine if a person is good or bad."

"Ok," Ash replied.

"Now. Close your eyes and look at the pokemon around us," Lucario ordered

Ash instinctively took a step back and put his hands up, "I'm not going to get suddenly smacked am" Ash half-jokingly huffed.

"No. You have my word. Read my aura if you must. An aura doesn't lie," While puffing out his metal spiked chest and placing his hands behind his furry back.

Ash then took a deep breath, rejuvenating all the air in his lungs. He then cautiously closed his eyes. It felt like the millionth time Ash has done that in the last hour. Hopefully, Lucario isn't lying, the boy thought. Luckily, unlike before, the boy felt no deception or plots extruding out of his teacher. "What do you see my student." Ash suddenly hears.

He then turned on his heel to look around at his night sky surroundings. Suddenly, Ash was greeted by a variety of different colours blinking into his dark vision. The curtain of the night disappearing and being replaced by a variety of bright vivid colours. It looked like multiple rainbows were placed in a blender, producing a colourful smoothie. Some colours were as large as Ash, while others were as small as grass that hasn't been mowed in a couple of weeks.

"Um. I see aura... In many different shapes and colours?" Ash assumed.

"Good. Each living creature will have its unique aura. This could be the different size and shape of the aura or the colour of the aura itself. It may also be how brightly the aura shines. Now, the size of the aura is affected by how big the living organism is. For example, a Wailord would have a much larger aura then a Flabébé," Lucario explained. "However, this doesn't mean that a Wailord's aura is more powerful. To see the power level of one's aura, you have to look at how brightly the aura shines. The brighter, the more powerful. Furthermore, you should be able to feel the raw power radiating from this said aura... Did you get all that?"

"Er yea. I should be fine. I got my ways to remember," Ash hesitantly answered. 

Not convinced, Lucario eyed his student. Not intimated, Ash shot his teacher a confident smile. Giving up, Lucario reluctantly huffed, "Ok... If you say so. But if you miss anything then tell me. This is an integral part of becoming a powerful aura user." Ash shot Lucario a thumbs up. GIving his teacher a stern answer. 

Sighing, Lucario quickly composed himself and continued, "Now for an example... Compare my aura to... Those Bulbasaurs over there. Resting near the shade of the tree." Lucario suggested while pointing towards the sleeping pack of Bulbasaur. Ash immediately opened his eyes and turned to the group of Bulbasaur. The boy then took a couple of steps back so that he could see both subjects in his view. With Lucario on his left and the Bulbusaurs on his right.