"wait so, you're telling me this now?" Heather almost-shouts.

"yep," Mark grins.

"Oh my God thats so good, I'm so happy for you!" Heather cries.

I had no idea what was going on, too invested in the Boba milk tea infront of me but now I was curious.

"wait what?"

"Marks brother is getting married, you know, the older one." she explains.

"he literally has one brother," I roll my eyes at her then the new piece of informations settles into my brain before I'm also practically shouting, "oh my God, Kevin?! Kevin?! he's getting married!? Who is sheee, who's the lucky woman!"

Mark chuckles, "she worked with him for a while now, they're colleagues and I guess they started liking each other," Mark shrugs, leaving all the juicy details.

"I can't believe that, Kevin used to tutor us all, remember?" Heather laughs, thinking about the time we were in about 3rd grade, and he was in highschool.

"he was such a good teacher, I thought I was the one for him," I half-joke, they all knew I wanted to marry him when I was younger, thinking that because he was so kind and understanding, he was perfect one for me.

Heather snorts, "dude, everyone wanted to marry him, I remember he once brought a girl to the house when we were hanging out in Marks living room and you decided to go upto her and threaten her!"

Although I'm laughing, I warn, "don't you dare!"

Mark interrupts, "oh God! I remember!" he chokes on his tea, clears his throat then tries his best to impersonate my voice, "DoNt yoU DaRe TouCh hIm or tHere WilL bE..." he laughs, unable to finish the sentence and I groan, waiting for the blow.

Heather is quick to finish for him, "CONSEQENSES!" they burst out laughing and I try not to but fail.

"I didn't know okay!" I cover my face.

After a few seconds they both wipe away their tears and curiosity takes over me, "so when's the wedding?"

"honestly, they haven't decided yet. But it's probably going to be in a few months considering they've started planning already."

I smile and nod, feeling happy for him. "I'm glad he found someone, too bad it wasn't me." I laugh.

"yeah, me too," Heather chuckles at my joke but seems to be proud of our old tutor.

We sit in silence for a bit and I just start chewing on the Boba. I wondered when my parents would get home and give me money so that I could go grocery shopping.

What if they were late again?

Finally I decided that I would text my parents after I reached home, keeping this issue at the back of my mind so I could enjoy being with Mark and Heather without having to get annoyed about an empty fridge.

When Mark turns his phone around to show us a picture, I go ballistic and dnatch it away from him, "Omg is that Her? ! Give it!"

Mark gasps and Heather tries to snatch it away from me as well whereas I stand up and stare at the screen like a grandma. After a few seconds of staring I say, "wow...no wonder."

***

After about 3 hours at the Cafe, I head home.

My lack of sleep gets to me and Im about to sleep but there's this voice at the back of my head that wants to me to suffer a bit more and binge-watch friends on Netflix with some pizza, that voice wins.