Chapter 4 : The 16th moon - Part 3

As I opened the door to my home , I raised my voice , "I'm home !" . That's weird , no balloons or even banners and I don't smell cake . Wait ! Cake don't smell . "Karenina , come to the reading room please" , I heard my mum so I just put my bag on the sofa and went straigh to the reading room . 

As I enter , I saw unlit candle everywhere , the unscented ones so this seem serious . Not only that , I saw black sand on the floor in a shape of a circle and I feel chilly cause the window was open . I saw my parents standing by the table that has a tray on it consists of a teapot and and 2 teacups with fancy saucers under it . "Mum , Dad , is this a themed party ?The sorcery kind ? I know that you guys know that I like to read those kind of novels but you really outdid yourselves . How long did you plan this ? Nice props , credit to Dad I guess ? And the fancy teacups , do we even have that ? I'm so impressed and surprised right now that you have no idea !" , I chattered for quite awhile . "Karenina , you really have no idea" , my dad said with a straight face . Now I'm confused , "what the hell is going on ? Mum ?" . 

"Honey , why don't you sit down , we have something important to tell you" , I followed my mum's instructions and sat down . "This is not a party baby doll , this is your awakening ceremony" , my dad said . 'Awakening ceremony ?" , I said . " You have to listen to this carefully and promise you won't overreact , okay ?" , my mum said with all seriousness . "What is it mum ?" , I asked . My mum puts her face in her hands , "its okay Jo , you can do this" , my dad said while rubbing her back . 

"Karenina , you have abilities that normal people don't usually have" , my mum said and  I was like thinking , is it the ability to make awesome sandwiches like the olive guacemole , or the tuna pepper shred and even the infamous melted chesse with peanut butter and jelly . My dad saw me smiling , and said , "This is serious Karenina , listen to your mother" . Whenever my dad calls me by my name , its something serious alright so all sillyness aside and asked , "what kind of abilities mum ?" , she answered , "well honey , the magic kind" . I'm so confused right now . "Your real parents will come in any minute now , and they will do awakening spell to acknowledge your existence to the coven.." , my mum continued and I stopped her , "Real parents ? You guys are my parents ! Am I adopted ?" . "Not precisely , we are the caretakers , we took care of you while your parents run the coven" , my dad answered which I became more confused . I couldn't respond , was this all a lie ? I mean I grew up with them but how come I am not their daughter ? 

Moments later , a black smoke appear in the room and when the smoke fades , a man and a lady appear . The men is wearing a sharp black suit with a tie and the lady is wearing a long black dress . " You've grown so much my dearest Karenina" , the lady said while approaching me with her extended arms to go for a hug . I shrugged  and she stopped . " What ever is the matter child ?" , she asked . " We just told her the truth so she's a bit confused" , my dad answered . "A bit ? Is this a big fat joke dad ? Today is my birthday and you decided to pull this sick prank on me ? How much do you pay for these actors ? Don't get me wrong dad , I love your pranks but this is too far and too sick !" , I expressed my emotions and ran to my room and before I shut the door , I heard my mum cry . "Its okay Joanna , we know its hard but you have raised her so well" , the lady spoke . 

What the hell is all of this ?