Chapter 21: A Night To Remember

The princess and the pirate sat in a park bench together, taking frequent sips from drinks they had bought in a nearby café. Harry was drinking coffee, black and with no sugar, just as he preferred it. Evie, on the other hand, was drinking chamomile tea to calm her increasing nerves. The boutique's grand opening was only a couple of hours away and it was a windy day which only added to her worries. The skies were clouded, which could possibly mean rain, which meant her having to cancel the whole event seeing as most of it was to be held outdoors. It seemed ridiculous to her that something she had so meticulously planned for months could be halted by rainfall or any other natural occurrence. She hoped and prayed the clouds would bring nothing but shade, for she wouldn't know what to do otherwise.

"Are you nervous?" Harry asked, looking to Evie at his side.

She kept looking forward at the autumnal trees, with their auburn leaves falling and forming piles on the ground. Little children jumped and played in them with innocence and joy. All she could do was take a deep inhale of the cool air and smile to herself as she was reminded of her childhood days when everything seemed so different.

"I wouldn't be human if I wasn't," she answered before laying a gentle kiss on the pirate's lips. "It's four on the dot. We should head home to begin getting ready."

The pirate nodded and stood, extending his hand to lift the princess up and walk back to his loft, where Evie's car was parked. "Just to be sure, this isn't a date, aye?" The pirate asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, Harry Hook, this is not our first date," she chuckled as she gripped his arm tightly and pressed her cheek against his shoulder.

When they arrived at the loft, Evie waited in the car as Harry went inside to grab his toiletries from his bathroom. Uma waved from the doorway and gestured for Evie to lower her window.

"Are you nervous?!" Uma asked which only made Evie laugh.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?!" Evie shook her head in playful annoyance.

Uma shrugged her shoulders with a smirk. "It's your big night, girl! You probably have a million butterflies flying around in your stomach right now!"

"A million and one, Uma," the princess said. "I can't wait to see you tonight. You're gonna look fabulous as always."

"You too," Uma smiled before Harry brushed beside her with a backpack over his shoulder, placed a kiss on her forehead and waved goodbye as he skipped down the steps to Evie's car. The couple drove away to Evie's cottage where a team of hair and makeup stylists were to arrive and prepare Evie for her big night. On the way, Evie got an alert on her phone. Being the responsible driver she was, she gave Harry her phone to check what it was.

"Well, princess," he said with anticipation, "we're officially and publically a couple. The Aura Magazine issue just dropped."

"What?!" Evie pressed on the brakes causing her and Harry's bodies to fling forward from the inertia. She snatched her phone back from Harry's fingers and began reading and checking the gossip sites. "We're trending, Harry. Literally everyone is talking about us."

"That's a good thing, aye?" He tried to grab her attention but to no avail. "Ye know we're still in the middle of the road."

"Oh, right," said the princess, shifting her attention momentarily to park the car on the side of the road. "Look, Snow White sent me a digital copy."