Chapter 3: Lost Without You

"Rise and shine!" Evie began to make loud noises with a pot and a rolling pin. She walked by each guest room making sure to make as much noise possible to awake every sleeping guest in her home. She made sure to be extra annoying when she reached Mal, who was known to be quite the deep sleeper.

Once she arrived at the kitchen, she began preparing breakfast as everyone slowly came into the dining room, walking as slowly as zombies. Evie giggled under her breath as some of them stumbled upon the chairs and slumped down on them.

"Serves you right," she mumbled, flipping an omelet on the frying pan.

Harry turned the corner last, quickly making eye contact with the princess before shying away. He approached her and stood there awkwardly as if waiting for her to say something.

"What?" Evie spat, widening her eyes to emphasize her annoyance.

"Need help or something?" He muttered, joining his hands behind his back and swaying sheepishly.

Evie let out an exasperated sigh. "Well, you can give them some lemon water. There's a glass jar of it in the fridge," she pointed before cracking another pair of eggs. "Also, the glasses are in the upper left cupboard."

Harry nodded and proceeded to do as told. He got the jar from the fridge and placed it on the counter before him. He then filled the glasses up with the water and went out to serve them to the half-asleep, completely hungover, guests at the table. He went back to Evie and again, stood next to her silently.

"Listen, about last night," Harry said before being shushed by Evie. "They're hungover, princess!"

"I don't care!" She hissed at him. "What we said last night, just forget it ever happened."

"We both know I won't," he tilted his head and stared at Evie with a smirk on his face.

"I said we'd try to be friends, now stop staring at me like that."

"Like what?" His smirk widened, his eyes trailing down to her lips.

"Like that!" She nudged him in his ribs, causing him to bend over, groaning in pain. "Those mind games may have worked on the Isle but not here. I'm not that sixteen-year-old girl anymore."

"That we can agree on," he muttered as he straightened himself and quirked an eyebrow.

"Is breakfast ready yet? I'm starving!" Audrey exclaimed, her eyes closed but raising her hand.

"Here, go serve them food before they start eating our brains," Evie said, upping her pace and filling up her porcelain plates.

"Aye, aye, yer majesty," Harry giggled, bowing before the princess which garnered a smile from the princess.

As everyone began munching on their breakfast, Evie passed a plate of food to Harry. Confused, his eyes darted from the plate to her, and back again.

"Everyone already has a plate," he said.

"That's for you," she smiled.

Harry looked down at the hook-shaped pancakes that sat on top of each other in a stack. He grinned, bringing his eyes back to the princess to find her tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and swaying sheepishly just as he was doing earlier.

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. Evie took off her apron and brushed past Harry, who closed his mouth and put on a deadpan face.

Evie opened the door and was met with Doug, who quickly pecked her on the cheek as soon as she opened the door.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it last night," he apologized.