Chapter 17: A Whole New World

"Are they close?" Uma asked as she and Mal got down from the royal limousine at the Royal Docks.

"If they left last night then they should be arriving any minute now," said Mal with her attention focused on her phone.

"So they really went to Neverland," said Uma.

"Yeah, it's crazy," Mal nodded. "When Evie told me that she wanted to go to the Isle to find the Jolly Roger, I was sure she had finally lost it."

"Wait," Uma stopped, "the Jolly Roger? You guys went to find the Jolly Roger? I thought it crashed years ago."

"It did," Mal clarified, "but we did find it and Evie forced me to use magic to repair it. That's the ship they used to go to Neverland. Seems pretty fitting, don't you think?"

"Yeah, sure," Uma mumbled. They walked through the woods in utter silence because Mal was to busy texting someone vicariously without once pulling her eyes away. Uma was still trying to wrap her head around Harry now having his own pirate ship. Her thoughts became clouded as she didn't quite know how to feel about it. On one hand, she knew Harry had sworn his loyalty to her but on the other, there was now a blue-headed variable mixed in the equation.

Once they reached the pier, they sat down on a nearby bench while the royal guards stood far, watching over and waiting to escort them all back to the limousine. Uma was the one paying attention to the horizon, waiting to catch a glimpse of the flying ship that was bound to appear. She eyed the sky for a few minutes before shifting her attention to Mal and her quick thumbs, typing away as if her life depended on it.

"Girl, you have not stopped texting whoever it is you're texting since you picked me up," said the pirate.

"It's the dinner party thing I told you about last night," the pixie explained. "Part of leaving the planning until the last minute is having to make all the decisions in one fell swoop. Ben's busy with king stuff so he left me to make every choice, from the dessert to even the color of the flowers on the freaking centerpiece."

"You still haven't told me what it is we're celebrating," said Uma.

"It's just a dinner party," Mal shook her head. "It doesn't mean we're celebrating anything."

"Alright then," the pirate shrugged. "I'm just saying, you wouldn't be this stressed out if it wasn't something important."

"It's just a dinner party!"

"Alright, alright!" Uma chuckled. "No need to get all riled up about it."

The captain turned her attention back to the horizon just in time to catch a flying ship coming out of the clouds and descending down to the ocean. Uma tapped Mal on the shoulder and the two were frozen in awe as the ship touched the water and saw as it returned back to its regular colors, shedding its golden coat like flakes. The hull of the ship broke apart the waters as it neared the pier. Uma was completely struck by how massive the ship was. Its towering masts cast large shadows over the sea with their sails. It moved like a speeding bullet and it was like no other ship she had seen before. It was more majestic than the Lost Revenge itself. This was Captain Hook's former ship, she thought. It was obviously going to be better than hers. She didn't want to admit it but she internally wished Evie had just left it at the bottom of the sea, rotting away to be forgotten through the years until there was nothing of it left.

"Come on," said Mal, breaking Uma out of her thoughts.

The captain followed the pixie along the wooden planks as the ship steadily came to a halt beside them. Harry's head poked over the edge with a wide smile before letting the anchor drop. Mal smiled at his sudden giddiness before glancing at Uma who was instead inspecting every part of the Jolly Roger. She hadn't even noticed the loud splash the anchor made when it hit the water. When the ship came to a complete stop, Harry pushed the boarding ladder to the docks and Mal tied it so it could stay still while the couple descended the ship with all their belongings. Evie was the first to step off the ship, walking into Mal's arms with an enthusiastic smile.