Chapter 18: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

"Really? Blue?" Uma asked as she saw Harry walk out of his room wearing a blue suit with maroon lines running from side to side and from top to bottom.

He stepped in front of a mirror which hung from a wall to comb his hair with his fingers

He stepped in front of a mirror which hung from a wall to comb his hair with his fingers. "Evie said she's wearing a red dress," said Harry, "so I guess we're switching colors for the night."

"You're gonna make me throw up," Uma rolled her eyes. Although Harry had made it clear he wasn't going to suddenly start disappearing from her life because of Evie, Uma still felt her relationship with him was hanging on a thin string just waiting to snap. She had never felt this way, so insecure about what she could mean to him. Much like the princess herself, Uma had also been taught the art of keeping up a facade by her mother, albeit for very different reasons.

"Evie says she's turning the corner," Harry said before checking himself one last time and grabbing Uma's purse for her. "Seriously, though, I look good, aye?"

Uma smiled. "Yes, Harry. Blue looks good on you."

He nodded with a cheeky smile and walked to open the door. Uma's grin faded as soon as he turned away from her. Don't underestimate the power of body language, she thought to herself. She relaxed her shoulders, moved her hair back, and walked tall towards Harry, who was waving at Evie. She was just coming up to the curb and rolled down her window as soon as she caught sight of Harry.

"You look amazing!" She yelled out, causing him to giddy down the steps with a wide grin. He leaned down and pecked her lips softly through the window. Uma appeared behind him and waited for the pair to disconnect so she could ask Evie to unlock the back door.

"Hey, perky, mind letting me in?" The captain smirked.

"Yes, of course," Evie giggled. "Hop on in!"

Harry opened the passenger door and properly greeted his beloved before putting on his seatbelt. Uma on the other hand only smiled awkwardly before putting on her earbuds and blasting the music to full volume. The two lovebirds failed to notice, much to the captain's dismay.

"So, are you excited for the magazine interview this week?" The princess asked with childlike enthusiasm.

"I'm nervous, that's what I am. What if I'm terrible at modeling? I don't want to disappoint ye," said Harry.

"There's not much to it, you know. All you have to do is look good in my clothes which is a certified guarantee. I've picked out some really good pieces which I think are gonna look great on you," she said. "The interview is what you should be more worried about. Even though it's my career they should ask questions about, it's more than obvious they're also going to want to dive deep into my personal life."

"Can't wait," he said while straining a grin.

Evie briefly glanced through the rearview mirror to see Uma had been stuck to her phone the entire car ride. She could feel the sea captain was definitely not enjoying being the third wheel seeing as how she hadn't mumbled a word.