Act I - Chapter 1

Act I – Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: Before we start, I'm just going to say that I am re-writing this because after looking through the original version, I'm not so happy with where it is at, nor with the quality of the first few chapters, so I decided to just scrap it entirely, and re-write the story from scratch. This time, starting from the beginning of Season Two, rather than in the middle of Episode Two.

The original version will stay up purely for archival purposes. That being said, enough with the formalities.

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

I always liked stories where the hero has no idea that they're destined for greatness. The sort of heroes who are living their lives and assume that nothing exciting will ever happen to them. Those are the kind of heroes in this story. They started as just a bunch of friends in a tree-house, looking up to their idols who had come before them.

But when disaster struck, and an evil monstrosity threatened to destroy the world, those friends discovered that heroes can come from the most humble of beginnings. They travelled the world to battle that monster, facing obstacles and sacrifices every step of the way. It wasn't easy, but they had each other. And working together, they struck it down and saved everyone.

Soon, they were the most famous people in the whole world. And their legend, their fame, just continued to grow as they explored more worlds, venturing into the great unknown.

"And that's how those five friends, plus the bravest pig in the world, took their place in history as some of the greatest heroes who ever lived," finished Lukas, reading his book to everyone. He had bright blond hair, and he was wearing a purple-white striped t-shirt with a leather jacket over it and jeans. Jesse was listening in attentively, with a broad smile on her face. She had long black hair, held back by a yellow hair clip and was wearing a red and white t-shirt, with overalls.

Meanwhile Axel, a tall, muscular griefer who was wearing a green flannel jacket with fingerless gloves and a t-shirt with a skull logo on it, had fallen asleep. Olivia, a dark-skinned redstonist, wearing a red long-sleeved shirt and boots, elbowed him awake again.

"Ah! Whowahuh? What part are we at? Am I being awesome?" Axel slurred, still half-asleep.

"We thought it was great, Lukas. Although... not always technically accurate," critiqued Olivia.

Lukas rubbed his head, giving a sheepish look. "Yeah, I mean, well, I definitely exaggerated here and there, but it was for the drama,"

"I mean it made us sound cool, and that's a good thing," Axel pointed out.

"Yeah, but it might make people think we did stuff that we didn't actually do," reasoned Olivia.

"It's all fair game if it's helping you to tell a good story," said Jesse. "It's not like you're lying to, like, trick anyone."

Lukas brighted up at that statement.

"Yeah! That's exactly what I thought."

"If you're planning on including schematics, we should talk though," Olivia added.

"...I think I'm okay. I had been hoping to have it ready to read at Founding Day, but, uh... next year."

"I can't believe it's Founding Day already. Sneaks up on me every time," Olivia said.

"Congrats buddy – I'm proud of you for finishing it. That took a lot of work," Jesse congratulated.

Lukas grinned, nodded and said "I'm glad you liked it. You did so much, Jesse, you're a real hero."