Chapter 8 - History 4

Author's POV

"Jeongyeonie, please stay here for tonight. I wanted to have a word to you tomorrow." The director said and he walk upstairs and went directly to his room.

Jeongyeon was left standing with her head down. Dahyun who is standing in front of her rub her back to comfort her sister. They both know their father is a bit upset for being in this kind of situation but they cannot do anything about it.

"Unnie? Why you didn't tell me about it?" Dahyun started.
Jeongyeon look at her with an apologetic eyes. "I'm so sorry Dahyunie. Unnie didn't mean to lie."

"But he is courting you, and appa said in front of us that I was arranged to marry him. Did you know that I am the one?"

Jeongyeon shook her head. "I promise; I didn't know anything."

"Unnie..." Dahyun deeply sigh before she continues to talk.

"You said that you also like him. And the way you look at each other lately, it tells me different thing. It tells me more. Things that I didn't know."

Jeongyeon became silent and started to feel more nervous. She knows how observant her sister is. She knows that even she lied in front of her, Dahyun will find out the truth by just observing her. Before letting her older sister to answer, she first dragged her inside her room and lock it.

"Unnie, please tell me the truth... are you two... already dating?"

Jeongyeon was choked by her sister's words. She isn't sure if she will admit the truth or just lie again and again. Well, it's useless even if she lies to her, Dahyun will do everything to let her tell the truth.

"You know you can't lie to me unnie so better tell the truth."

She bit her lower lips and slowly nod her head. Dahyun tap her forehead out of disappointment.

"Unnie!" she unintentionally raised her voice.

"I'm sorry Dahyun-ah. But I am telling the truth, I didn't have an idea that we will be meeting his family today."

"That's not the point unnie. You know it. You are a trainee and sooner or later you are going to debut. What were you thinking? And most especially, you are prohibited to date." Dahyun said with a low voice.

"I know; I know... that is why I really felt so guilty on lying in front of the emperor lately."

"How long have you been dating?"

Jeongyeon closed her eyes tightly and answered her sister. "F-four y-years." she said stuttering.

"Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon!"

"I know Dahyun. I did a very bad thing."

"How could you? Did you know the risk that you are taking now? If your agency will find out about you breaking their law, it's the end of your dream."

"That is why I am doing my best to keep it as secret."

"Yeah... yeah... you won't last for 4 years if you are not good in hiding. And you won't be able to stay as a JYP trainee if you got caught." Dahyun sits on her bed crossing her legs and placing her elbow on the bed counter. "I can't believe you are that risk taker unnie. All these years, you made to survive your training days while keeping your dating life a secret."

"I know right." Jeongyeon sits at the edge and plays with her fingers. "It's hard but I love him. So I need to take the risk."

Dahyun started to be calm at this moment. She realized, this is not the right time to scold her sister. Jeongyeon is on a very bad situation and she needs someone who will listen to her. She knows that her sister is having a hard time dealing with her emotions and her dreams.