Preview

"This is so much better than pretending all my hookups were you."

The teenage girl boarded an overcrowded ferry with a small bag of clothes, her boarding school uniform, a few polaroids, an old man pulling on her wrists too tight, and a small silver compass necklace that hung loosely from her neck.

It had been there ever since her mom had left, and though it was now a bit rusty, it still swayed softly on her skin.

She sighed once putting the bag under the seat and sat down. There was no eye contact between anyone else on the boat and the 16-year-old girl, as the pretty little handcuffs that came with the police officer escorting her made most mind their business. To her, it didn't matter. Her Airpods blasted My Body by Young the Giant, blocking out the people surrounding her.

The paint-stained white hoodie she was wearing covered over her face, soft lips curled into a soft smile hidden under her highlighted brunette hair. Red and gold checkers on the small skirt shook with every tap of her Christian Louboutin black heels.

The cop looked out across the waters when more people started staring at the two of them in the front of the boat, making her scoff. What an amazing police department, can't even look at the girl you're supposed to be watching.

She tugged at the cuffs behind her back that made sitting incredibly uncomfortable on the hard wooden seat. In an hour she would be back with her aunt, who was probably going to be disappointed at the fact that she was coming home with an escort. Yet her mind was on one specific blond boy she sent to come get her.

Bailee Walker's summer was going to be interesting this year, as soon as she gets out of these handcuffs.

_____
edited.