ANGEL. (shanks)

[Requested by XxCalmKittenxX , hope you like it!]

»»————- ☠ ————-««

»»————- ☠ ————-««

Summertime and the sound of waves enveloped Foosha Village as usual. Seagulls flew across the small town, fading from sight as they got further and further away. 

 The sunlight entered Party's Bar which, as usual, was crowded with people and, most commonly, pirates. Bustling and laughing filled the atmosphere, along with the clinking of bottles and cheerful singing. 

"Makino, I'm so sorry for being late!" Said green haired woman who was cleaning the counter lifted her sight from the tiny human in front of him, who turned his head to meet the source of the voice, as well: A young, [H/C] woman, who rushedly walked behind the counterbar. 

"It's just that, again--"

"It's alright, Y/N; I understand." Makino interrupted. Y/N felt guilty everytime she had to apologise to her boss, and she always tried to make it up. 

The greenette put a hand on her shoulder. "Let's get down to work, alright?"

"Yes, ma'am." She nodded while fixing her hair.

"Hi, [nickname]!" The little ravenette offered her a big, warming smile. Finishing tying her worn out, petrol coloured apron, she greeted him as well, until she noticed the band aid under his left eye. 

"What happened, Luffy? Are you hurt?" She asked him concerned, while preparing an order of sake. 

"Ah! It didn't hurt at all!" He shook his head frantically, although his glossy eyes betrayed him. "I did it to convince Shanks to let me in his crew!" 

"Shanks?" She repeated that name. It did not sound familiar or anything, but why did a man let a child do such a reckless thing?

"Nice to meet you, Angel." A male deep voice made her lift her sight and shift it towards a red haired, sun-tanned man. His dark, cheerful eyes were gazing instensely at her, a whole-hearted smile tugged at his lips. 

"Please don't call me Angel." She deadpanned, although she felt her face getting scorching hot. In response, the man known as Shanks furrowed his eyebrows.

"Right! Her name's Y/N! Not angel, you jackass!" Luffy barked. 

"Says the one who'll never be a pirate!" Shanks teased, sticking his tongue out and tugging at his lower eyelid. "You can't even swim, you'd only be a burden!"

"So what if I can't swim?!" Luffy stood up. "I'll just make sure not to fall off the ship!"

Shanks raised his eyebrows at this.

"Also, I'm good at fighting!" The child smirked, "I train so much that my punch is as strong as a pistol!"

"A pistol? Really?" Shanks retorted, unamused.