THE SMILEY AND THE FLAME. (ace)

[a/n: this is for lovely lostinreality08 !  I won't deny that the reader's character is inspired in her Miss Smiley... 

Sorry if this one's too short or lame... Nevertheless, enjoy!]

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

IT WAS A RATHER BUSY DAY ABOARD THE MOBY DICK: Almost all the divisions were on expeditions, except for a few, who were in charge of the ship's security and its chores. The sound of rushed steps could be heard, as the remaning crewmates were working restlessly in order to prepare for the returning of the other divisions.

Y/N lost the track of time of how long she'd been on the Moby Dick's rail. Her head was resting boredly against her hand on the rail, and her gaze was fixated on the bright, blue sea, waiting for her brothers to come back at any moment. 

She missed hanging out with Marco, talking to him about everything and nothing in particular; she missed pulling pranks with Thatch, watching him cook, and when he'd let her taste what he prepared. She missed when Izo would braid her hair and comb it... But most of all, she missed a certain freckled guy, who she loved profusely. 

The H/C haired girl sighed loudly and, thinking that maybe it would take them a few more hours to make it to the ship, she walked away, and joined the rest of the crew in the chores-making.

After the deck was clean and food was ready to be served as soon as the rest arrived, Y/N wiped the sweat from her forehead. Time seemed to have passed pretty quickly, as she got startled by a hand placing itself on her bare shoulder.

"Yo, Smiley!"

She gasped at the nickname,  because only one person in the whole Moby Dick called her smiley. She turned around, only to see that it was no one else than her beloved brother, Thatch. A big grin creeped to her features, reflecting the pure joy she felt to see the brunette again. She then jumped and embraced the male.

"Thatch! I missed you so much!" She rubbed her face against his. Then, she pulled away, meeting his gaze, puffing her cheeks. "It's been too boring to pull pranks to the others only by myself!"

Thatch couldn't help but chuckle at her comment. She was utterly cute when she puffed her cheeks.

"Well, well, Y/N-chan!" He smirked and then lowered his voice,  with a mischevious smirk on his features, "How about I make up to you by pulling a prank on Marco later? That bird won't know what hit him-"

"Who's gonna pull a prank on who, yoi?" A familiar, murderous voice hissed, making Thatch and Y/N freeze in fear as the blonde stood in front of them, irradiating a murderous aura.