eighteen | wedding |

It was early in the morning, Siddharth woke up from the two hour sleep he had gotten in the morning after having stayed up all night long until he had finally dozed off, he reread the text message from Pari once again like the hundred of times he had already done.

I am sorry Siddharth, I didn't mean that.
Come over tomorrow morning, we shall talk it out."

Siddharth decided that it was finally time for him to go talk to Pari, he freshened up then slipping into a new pair of clothes, a casual shirt, faded out jeans a pair of slippers. He then made way to Pari's apartment not even bothering if she would be awake by then or not. He knocked, looking around the hallway until the door opened to reveal a sleep deprived face. It was clear that Pari hadn't slept just like he hadn't and somehow it pained him to know she was suffering just as much as him I waited for her to let me in, but it seemed like the thought never occurred to her until her motioned her to let her in. She broke out of whatever thought that she was occupied with, to throw the door open for him, finally letting him in. Siddharth walked passed her, seating himself in the couch that they had shared before, waiting for her to begin as he shifted on her feet nervously, gathering her thoughts to finally speak up.

.

It was six o' clock in the morning and someone was at Pari's door, that's the thing about weddings in an Indian, household, no one cares about the time. Pari was tired from not sleeping the entire night. overthinking how she had risked my friendship with Siddharth, she obviously didn't want to lose him as a friend, but that could only happy if she can supress all her feelings for him. So, she decided it was time for her to move on, bury those feelings and just cherish the friendship she has with Siddharth. She got up from her seat in the sofa, walking to the door in a sloth like speed only to reveal Siddharth on the other end. He came inside, walking past her taking her seat waiting for her to speak. Pari could feel them lump forming in her throat finally gulping and speaking up softly, hardly audible to Siddharth's ears. "I am sorry, I didn't want to hurt you, I was just under a lot of stress from all these works and the wedding." Lying about the stress part.

He looked at her taking her face in before finally speaking up as well "I am sorry too." He looked at her now with a yearning. "Why do you ignore me at times?"

But Pari had no answer to that, she couldn't tell him because that would mean telling him all about her feelings and she couldn't do that so she avoided the question as skilfully as she could "How about we go back to being normal? No more ignoring, I promise."

Siddharth smiled faintly which Pari instantly reciprocated, walking to where Siddharth was sitting, taking a place beside him. She wanted to hug him but couldn't. "Sid, can we be friends again?" She asked.

"We always were. I don't even know why we fought." Siddharth said and Pari instinctively placed her head on his shoulder, and he immediately wrapped his hand around her hugging her sideways.

They stayed in each other's arms for some time until it hit Pari that it was the day of the wedding, the entire day would be busy with lots of work pending, so, she decided to head to the venue and Siddharth had offered his help as well and everything was back to normal like when they had first started being friends. Soon everyone left for their respective apartment to get ready.

Pari finally opened the dress that Daniel had sent her through Louise for her to wear to the wedding. It was a designer lehenga that would make me look regal he had told her. She carefully tore are the packaging. Placing them on her bed as she started getting ready. It was a heavily embroidered whitish gold coloured lehenga. The blouse was embroidered in thread and sequins. The skirt was heavily embroidered too and the dupatta has small floral pattern embroidered with heave sequin work at the bordered. She paired them up with equally heavy kundan jewellery, a choker necklace and big, heavy chunky earrings. She straightened her hair, neatly parting them in the middle and giving them a sleek look while tucking the loose end behind her ears. She placed a heavy mangtika between her carefully middle parted hair, wearing a few bangles and putting on a massive statement ring on her index finger. Tonight, she applied more makeup than she usually did, contouring her face and nose, crafting a smoky eye and kohl, she applied a coral red lipstick.