Capítulo 27

I make my big entry in the throne room. Lucifer looked surprise to see me and falsely smiles.

With a single wrist move I dodge the Court of Hell from the center of the room, making my way to the throne, my throne, with the devil sitting on it.

"Did my daughter finally gained her sense and decided to join me in the throne?" He smiles while asking.

"You should know by now: I don't bow to anyone." I tell him , boldly.

"Arrogant as a Morningstar." He smiles once again.

"And twice as clever, as a Simmons." Lucifer frowns his face. "You see, father dear, I know your secret." I smile, knowing that I had something he didn't know.

"What are you talking about?" He claws his jaw hard.

"Lucifer Morningstar fell in love with a mortal, on earth!" I shout and the court starts mutter. "My mother didn't beg to the dark lord for a baby, you gave it to her because you were in love with her and couldn't deal with her sadness for not being able to get pregnant! You lied!"

"That's a blasphemy!" A voice says.

"My mother wrote about a man similar to an angel, but with darkness within him. She wrote how you two fell in love, and how you couldn't be together because a mortal couldn't live in Hell, so you had to wait until she died. But she didn't keep her promise, did she?! She chose my father, my real one! So she went to Heaven with him, leaving you all alone in Hell."

"You don't know what you speak, child." He says with disdain.

"No? Enlighten me then." I challenge him.

"Your mother wasn't a mortal, child. You don't even know her." He laughs.

"Yes, she was." I say, confused. He is trying to get in my head.

"No, Serena. She was half angel, half divine. A fallen angel with mortality on her. That's why she couldn't stay in Hell, she was banned to earth for pitting the mortals, and forced to live as one of them, until her death."

"That doesn't change the truth" I put myself together after his revelation. "You were in love with her, which means, Lucifer Morningstar does have feelings, and is not as mighty as he made the rest of us believe. You are as weak as me. Father. That throne is mine."

"And what are you going to do about that?"

"I challenge you for the Infernal Crown." I state, boldly.

"Consider your challenge accepted, child. You have two days to prepare yourself."

I swirl around myself and walk away from the Court, knowing that beating Lucifer won't be easy.

...

"And he just let you go?" Roz asks.

"Yes, monarchs have some days to prepare before a battle, and I knew Lucifer wouldn't break that costume. Not in front of everyone." I explain.

"That was badass." Harvey smiles. "Hell yeah." Theo agrees with our friend.

"It was dangerous, going to Hell without protection. Lucifer's honor can't be trusted." Caliban speaks.

"I'm okay, Caliban. I had to show him I wasn't afraid of him." I try to assure Caliban, but he simply looks at me and nods. He's clearly mad at me for going without him.

"So, you have two days to get ready. We should start the training tomorrow and in the meantime me and Nick will try to get you an advantage against our father. Just in case he tries some trick on his sleeve." Sabrina says and I agree. Lucifer can't be trusted to play fair.

When the reunion ends and everyone leaves to their homes, Caliban holds me and swirls me so I can be face to face with him.

"You shouldn't have gone to Hell alone. That was too dangerous, Princess." He says with his husky voice.

"I can take care of myself, Caliban." I frown.

"I know you can, Princess. But if anything had happened to you, I wouldn't forgive myself. I can't lose you." He states and I lightly squeeze his hand.

"Everything is going to be okay. Trust me." I say, not sure about my promise. He doesn't say a word and just holds me close to him.

The next day, in the early morning breeze, I went to my family's house with Caliban. I walked in the kitchen, like I did many times in the past, but this time was different. Everything had changed. There wasn't live on the house anymore. I was the only living resident.

"It's funny." I say. "I always thought I would live a normal live. Get married, buy my own boring house and have kids." I smile sadly. "I never imagined my life would be the mess it is now."

"Well we're already married. And we do have a house, more like a castle. The only thing missing is the children, and that can be fix." He smirks at me.

"Oh yeah? Aren't you made of clay?" I lift my eyebrow.

"Yes. But you are two thirds angel, I'm sure you could make that miracle happening. If you wish that." He whispers in my ear. I smile and then it hits me.

"Caliban, you are right! I'm almost full angel which means I probably can access Heaven and ask for help about Lucifer!" He frowns.

"Do you really think Heaven would help us? They banned your mother to earth for pitting the mortals. In my point of view, they are worse than demons."

"I don't know if Lucifer was telling the whole truth, but we have to try. That could be our advantage!" He nods but I can't see that Caliban isn't happy with my idea.

I gathered the ingredients needed to summon a divine being and asked the help of the Spellman's family.

"Are you sure about this?" Sabrina asked me worry.

"Well I have to try."

I walk to the middle of the circle and start the ritual, calling up all the angel's name and following an old spell. The circle starts to ignite a blue light and then it extinguishes.

"That's it?" Ms. Hilda asks. "Bollocks, what a disappointment."

"Wait." I say and ray of white light appears next to me. I cover my eyes with the palm of my hand, trying to protect them from the blind light. When I open them again I see a man standing near me, with white, majestic wings. I was amazed for how beautiful they were.

"Who dare to summon me up?" A bright pair of hazel eyes focus on us and I put myself in front of his view to the Spellman family.

"I, Serena Morningstar. Daughter of Lucifer Morningstar."

"I know well who Lucifer Morningstar is. A traitor. How dare a mortal to call me?"

"I'm not a mere mortal. I'm also daughter of Rayane."

"You do, in fact, have more angel blood in your veins than mortal." He says like he was talking with himself.

"Yes. And I called you here for your help." I interrupt his monologue.

"And why would I help the daughter of two fallen angels, banned from Heaven themselves?" He smirks at me.

"Because Lucifer is a terrible person and he's not the right king for Hell. I am. That throne is mine by divine rights."

"And why would I care about what the Morningstar do or don't do?"

"Well it's simple. If you don't help me, I will continue summon you up. You see, contrary to mortals, you can't ignore a request from another angel. And I have all the time of the world." I say and he smirks at me. He's intrigued, I can see by his eyes.

"Alright, daughter of Lucifer, you got my attention." I smile.

Hope you liked this chapter! Keep yourself safe and be kind to others 🤍