Capítulo 16

"Care to tell me where we are?" Caliban asks, tired of walking. I didn't let him teletransporting us.

"You didn't have to come, Caliban." I smile.

"You are the queen of hell, I'm not going let you walk around earth without protection." I roll my eyes.

"You now that I did that before becoming queen, right?" I tell and he smiles. "We are here." He looks confuse.

"Why are we in a graveyard?" He frowns. I keep walking closer to the graves that were so familiar to me. I push away the bushes and let my parents' names show on. I mumble a spell and put white roses on both their graves.

"It's the anniversary of their death." I say, softly, with a sad smile on my face. Caliban just stares at me. I know that death is a common thing on hell, and that Caliban wasn't familiar with feelings. "They were the best parents I could have asked for. They loved me so much. I miss them everyday, loosing them was the hardest thing I ever had to overcome... Just wish they were here to see me."

"Are you okay, Princess?" He asks me and I nod.

"Can you take me home?" I ask and he lifts his arms, letting fire involve us.

That night I could bare close my eyes without shed a tear or two. Caliban appeared in my bed and pushed me to his chest, comforting me. That was when I finally was able to fall asleep.

...

"What do you mean with you want to make Caliban King?" Lilith almost groan.

"He's going to rule by my side, as King of Hell."

"That's foolish, Serena!" She yells. "You are giving your power to some boy? Don't you have any self-love?!"

"You better that nobody should know that the kings are not going to let me rule in peace because I'm a woman. Did you forget about the coup? If I had Caliban support, then I wouldn't have that type of problems and the council would be happy for having the Prince of Hell in the throne. It's a win-win solution."

"No, Serena, you shouldn't trust a man after power. He'll betray you."

"So, what should I do then Lilith? Wait for some other member of the court tries to kill me? Keep fighting the three kings all the steps of the way? I will never win them, and you know."

"As your advisor I think you are making a mistake." I nod and dismiss her. What if she's right and Caliban is only using me for the throne? What if he betrays me? I need to find a solution. A political one.

...

"I need our contract by written." I tell Caliban.

"If that's what you wish, I'll do it."

"As Queen I can't risk losing everything." I admit.

"I understand." He nods.

After a couple of minutes, he gives me a paper with gold decoration and the terms of our alliance slash marriage by writing, and his signature above.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"I hope this make you trust me now." He leaves the room and I feel like shit. One of his conditions was me trusting him and I can't even do that.

I burst in Lilith's chamber and slap with the contract in the table, in front of what she was reading.

"Here, Caliban signed. I'm the superior identity. Do you support my choice now?" I'm angry, not with her, but with me for doubting Caliban.

"No, but if this is what you want, as my Queen I have to respect your decision." She looks at me with her blue eyes. Well not really hers.

"I have to go now." I leave her with the contract, I need to go find Caliban.

I search for him in his room but it's empty. I walk around the entire castle, that looks like a damn labyrinth but no sign of him. Where is he?

Finally I decide to leave the castle and search around the proximities of pandemonium and I find him at the beach.

"I've been looking for you everywhere." I mumble.

"You found me." He's sitting in front of the ocean, looking to the horizon.

"I wanted to apologize." I confess. "I should have trust you but-"

"You're scared. I get it, Princess." He tells me. "Hell isn't a trustful place."

"And the court hasn't been kind to me since the day I step foot in pandemonium."

"They are afraid of you because you are unpredictable, and you don't follow orders." He smiles.

"I guess I am." I smile.

"I like that about you, Princess." He confesses, and I blush. "I hope from now on you can trust me."

"I do. Just promise me you won't lie to me. Ever." He looks at my eyes and whispers.

"I promise I will never lie to you, Serena." I nod and kiss him softly. He lays me down at the sand and continues kissing me.