Capítulo 20

"Hey." I knock at the opened door of the library. Caliban is tilted towards the table, that is full of books.

"Hey, beautiful." He comes towards me and kisses me. "What's wrong?" He shrugs his eyebrows.

"Why are you asking?" I smile.

"You're doing that think when you bite your bottom lip. You only do that when you are thinking about something." He clarifies and I can't help but softly smiling on how he knows that.

"You noticed that?" I smile.

"Yeah. It's was a given the first day we met." He smiles. "But is something wrong?"

"Is nothing that big... I just had a fight with Sabrina..."

"Oh. Mortal stuffs then?" He asks.

"Not mortal stuffs, in Hell there are fights too." I say.

"Yes, Princess, but they tend to be the physical type." He smirks and I roll me eyes.

"Men." I groan and he smiles.

"How can I help?" He volunteers. "If you wish I can go and kill Sabrina." He says.

"She's my sister!" I hit him in the shoulder.

"And?" He lifts and eyebrow. "It's a common thing in hell." He tells and I let an incredible laugh out. "I might not understand mortals, but I will do whatever is in my power to make you happy."

"You already did." I hug him and he takes a while to correspond but when he does, it feels like he's holding his entire life.

...

"Our soul collecting isn't going as expected." One member of the council states. "We have to charge the mortals the souls they offered to Lucifer." I crawl on my own seat. This is one of the worst parts of being Queen: take lives.

"I'm the one who decides where mortal souls go." I raise my voice.

"That's not how Hell works." Beelzebub groans.

"It is now." I challenge him. "Hell is under my command, and we would do as I say. I will go over each case and decide if a soul is worthy burn in hell fire. Any objections?" None of the kings are happy but they don't say a word.

"Well then we should start as soon as possible." Caliban says. He puts his hand around mine. "Queen Serena will see which souls are going to be drag to Hell." He nods his head, and nobody contradicts him.

"I hate doing this." I tell Caliban, after the council meeting is over.

"I know, Princess, but it's one of our responsibilities as monarchs. If someone made a deal with the devil, we must go collect their debt. I'll go."

"I can do it, Caliban." I shrug my eyebrows.

"I know you can, Serena, I don't doubt that. Let me do this for you." He kisses my hand and I nod, accepting his offer.

When Caliban is gone collecting souls on earth, I'm reading books on the history of Hell on the royal library. I always knew the basics about religion and Lucifer: he was a fallen angel who was condemned to Hell, as is ruler, and he was pure evil. But if he has an angel before becoming the Dark Lord, he couldn't be all bad, right?
Was my biological father capable of feelings, such as love, regret and forgiven?

A fire storm appears in the middle of the room and I see Caliban fall on his knees. He had a blade stick out on his abdomen. I run towards him.

"What happened?!" I ask frenetically.

"Some mortal wasn't happy about paying is debt." He says, between breaths. The wound looks bigger that the common blade cuts.

"I'll call someone." I start to get up when he removes the blade for his torso. I almost choked.

"No need." He throws the blade to the other corner of the room. I put my hands at the wound by instinct, trying to control the bleeding. But there wasn't blood, of course not, Caliban was made of clay.

"How can I help?" I ask, feeling like I had my heart out of my body.

"It will heal by itself." Caliban explains and I nod. "Why are you crying?" He asks me and I put my arms around him.

"I thought that I was going to lose you. You could have died." I'm still attached to him when I hear him smile and he grabs me harder.

"I'm made of clay, Princess. I'm immortal." He whispers in my ear.

"I don't care." I keep hugging him, afraid of letting him go.

After we left the library, I forced Caliban to lay in his bed, so he could rest. I didn't care that he was arguing about not needing it, because he was made of clay and blah blah blah.

I sit down next to him, watching him. He had a bandage around the wound, that he insisted that didn't make sense because it wouldn't bleed, but I put it anyway.

"How do you feel?" I ask him, for the ninth time.

"I'm okay, Princess, just sour. It will pass, trust me." He smiles softly, trying to assure me but I couldn't calm myself down.

"You shouldn't had gone to earth alone collecting souls. I'm sorry." I mumble. I was full of regret, he went for me, and got hurt. "Was my fault you got hurt."

"It wasn't your fault, Serena." He rubs his thumb on my cheek. "This things happens when we are kings. It happened to you."

"I can't lose anyone I love again. I don't think I can handle any more deaths." I admit.

"You love me?" He asks and I didn't realize what I had say before saying it. I just nod.

"I know that you didn't have love on the pit but-"

"Serena." He interrupts me. "If love is anything close to what I feel towards you, then I'm madly in love with you." My heart just melted. I kiss him, and then I put my head on his chest. He put his arms around me, and we just stayed like that for what seems hours.