Rivalry and justified myths • 9

"Lord hokage, I have a question."saiki asks as he walks into the hokage office,his small footsteps pounded into the old wooden floor,as he stood face to face with the hokage."What is it?."the older man ceases from signing important files,and paste his attention to the younger.

"Can you tell me about the tailed beasts?."Saiki asks.

"Why would you ask about that?and aren't you supposed to be at the academy"the hokage inquired."This is more important."Saiki states unfazed by the older mans questioning gaze,"Your intentions must be clear to me before I even think about spewing out such information to a young boy like you,you should he worrying about your team for this year not things such as this."The hokage grazed his hands on his wooden table,clearly in distaste with the boys stare.

His stare filled with a defying intensity,saiki didn't brake his facade instead he held his hands to his waist,and turned around,trotting towards the door way,he slighty turned his head back to the older man."I'll be back soon."He huffed and strolled out letting the door shut with a loud bang.

"Kids these days."The hokage shook his head.

______

Saiki uses his X-ray vision to check the remaining lists of teams,he notices how his name was on the paper labled team 10 Asuma sarutobis team,which consisted of shikamaru,ino,choji,and him,he let out a disappointed sigh,Naruto glanced at saiki briefly,noticing how intensly he stared at the clip board iruka held unto.

The blonde squints his eyes from where he was sitting opposite saiki,and playfully starts to wave his small hands in front of saiki,Saiki turned his attention unwillingly to the blonde boy."Hey why are you staring at iruka~sensei like that?"He seethes,trying to be quiet.

"It's nothing I'm just happy we'll finally get to be shinobi."Saiki smiles and Naruto smiles back,as they both go back to paying attention to their teacher.Saiki suddenly winces,am excruciating pain spreads through his body,he latches unto the table for support,Sakura who was near the boy who shared a similar hair colour,noticed how he gritted his teeth.

"Hey saiki,you ok?,"She hesitates to touch the boy out of fear,Saiki suddenly let out an ear splitting scream,endorsing the pain.

"Kusuo!"Naruto yells,Saiki drops to the ground,"Saiki!"Iruka worriedly yells,he suddenly looks his arms under saikis legs and his torso,disappearing from his spot,another student opens the door,letting iruka run out willingly.

Saiki blinks faintly as everything starts fade into a blur,"Hang in there."Iruka mutters,Everything turns black.

_______

"This feels like Déja vu,"The Hokage sighs as he stared at the dishelved boy,who laid with a peaceful expression on his face,"What do you think went wrong?"The copy ninja questions,"I can't say until we get the results from the medical ninja,But there is something I wish to talk to you about."The hokage inquired.

"What is it?."Kakashi chides.

"Remember that legend about the goddess sealed in the moon."kakashi furrows his eyebrows,"What about it?."

"Have you noticed how the moon has been looking a bit more brighter than a few days ago?."The hokage unexpectedly asks,His gaze as keen and serious as ever.

"Now that you mention it you're right."Kakashi hums thinking back to when he was reading his book,one night the same night he decided to just take a break and admire the moon's beauty.

"The goddess of mischief and sorrow,the one who shall bring konaha to its knees,The one who shall grant upon pain to whoever manages to get a hold of her,But years ago she was sealed in the moon for all eternity by Madara Uchiha."kakashi chides stating the things he remembered of the old legend,he even remembered his father telling him that tale.