CHAPTER 58:

Rebecca

1 year later...

It's been a year since everything happened, and in that year, all I've tried to do is live my life.

I told my dad—well, I told Dante that I wanted no part of the gang anymore. I couldn't take all the pain and torture that it brought into my life in a few short months.

He was hurt, I knew he was but he let me go, telling me that I could visit him or my new baby brother anytime and gave me more than enough cash to be stable wherever I landed.

That day, I left New York and headed for Ocean City.

Reese and Morgan went their separate ways as well and I haven't seen either of them since.

Damian calls me every now and then. He's been taking online college courses from Russia since The Black Dragons had to pull out of New York.

And as for Killian, well, since I walked away from him, I haven't heard from him.

My life has been simple, normal. I've been living like a normal twenty-one year old.

I got a day job, though I don't need the money. I just want to fit in, be like other people.

"Rebecca, you're cut for the night. Finish out your customer's tabs. I'll meet you outside when you're finished," my boss, Adam, stated as he broke me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, sure," I spoke softly as he gave me an encouraging smile.

We always close early Sunday evenings since for most people, the workweek starts tomorrow and it's usually dead here after eight anyways.

When everyone at the bar was finished and their tabs were closed, I wiped down the bar and all the chairs before cleaning the dirty glassware from tonight.

When everything was done, I headed to the back office to find Adam.

He was sitting at his desk counting cash from all the drawers today.

"You just gonna stand there and admire how handsome I am?" He playfully asked as he looked up and smiled at me.

His white smile was dashing and his brown eyes had a sparkle to them when he saw me.

"Maybe," I played along.

He chuckled and shook his head, his dirty blonde hair slightly tousling onto his forehead from the motion.

"I'm gonna go wait in the car okay?" I suggested as he frowned. "Give me a kiss first," he pushed as I rolled my eyes and quickly pecked his lips.

"You're driving home tonight," I insisted as he threw me his keys.

"Sure babe," he chuckled and went back to counting.

Adam is technically my boss, he owns the bar I work at and I kind of invested some money into it when I started working here and I'm pretty much a co-owner, but I like doing the day-to-day business and still ask him if I need off work or to take shifts.

I didn't plan on dating Adam, it just kind of happened.

He's twenty-nine and took over his father's bar a few years ago. He's simple and easy going, and most importantly, he's normal. Not involved in anything gang related or anything bad. It's just simple with him and I need a simple life.

I walked out the front door only to be stopped by something hard.

"I'm so sorry," the man rushed as he grabbed my shoulders so I wouldn't fall. "Completely my fault—" he started and then stopped suddenly.