CHAPTER 63:

Rebecca

"Babe," Adam called as I put small gold hoops in my ears.

"In the bedroom," I called back.

I put my hair up in a clip and had a black strapless dress on, but I couldn't reach the zipper so my lingerie was showing.

He opened the door and whistled as he took me in.

"You look—" he started but stumbled on his own words.

"The word you are looking for might be hot, sexy, gorgeous," I taunted as he smiled at me. "Help me with my zipper," I asked as I turned around for him.

I shimmied my dress up so Adam could zip it properly.

"I was going to say beautiful," he started as he slowly zipped up my dress.

When he finished, he put his arms around my waist and kissed my neck softly.

"But you also look very hot, and sexy," he whispered in my ear. He took my waist and spun me around to face him and then said, "and gorgeous."

"You look good too, Adam," I commented.

He wore long khaki shorts and a white button up with the sleeves pushed up his forearms.

"Your brother sent a car for us, it's waiting out front," Adam said suddenly, seeming to forget about it when he saw me.

"Let's go," I grabbed his hand and led him to the front door.

I put on a pair of black heels and Adam opened the door for me.

Our driver opened the back door for us and sitting on one of the seats was Xander.

"I thought you'd already be at the party?" I presumed as I hopped in the car and took my seat beside Xander.

"Had to make sure Marshmallow didn't try anything on you," he whispered in my ear and stared at Adam as he buckled his seatbelt.

"Good to see you again Xander," Adam greeted politely.

"Adam," Xander snorted.

I elbowed him and he winced.

"What's your problem?" I asked as the chauffeur started driving to the club.

"Nothing," he snorted shortly. "You okay?" Xander asked and pointed to the visible cut above my brow.

"Yeah, I fell," I mumbled and looked down at my hands. "How are you? You left the other day and I haven't heard from you since," I announced quietly.

Xander shifted uncomfortably in his seat and adjusted his shirt collar.

"Had to take care of some things," he started in a low whisper. "Can't really talk about it," he mumbled as he motioned toward Adam.

"Why don't you like him?" I asked quietly but sternly.

I could start to hear music shaking the vehicle from what I assumed was the club we were going to.

"I just don't okay—leave it alone," he dismissed and I leaned back into my seat. "Look, don't be mad. I did a background check on him."

"You did what?" I uttered as I hit his arm.

"Hey, I just wanted to see if he was...okay you know?" he remarked and I slouched.