CHAPTER 9:

Rebecca

The ride home was full of questions from the guys but especially Morgan.

He couldn't have just stayed on his date longer so I wouldn't have to deal with him.

I gave them my best answers, even if they weren't true. As long as I told them what they needed to hear, then I would tell them exactly that.

"What was that little canoodling thing with you and Killian? You two were all over each other," Morgan scoffs as he leans back in his seat, awaiting my answer.

I glanced at the front seats to Tyson and Vincent, but they directed their attention to the road ahead, careful not to engage into this type of conversation, but still listen.

I narrow my eyes and shake my head at Morgan because I know he is asking me out of spite. And by his disgusted looks so far, I know he is going to take me to the side later for a long conversation.

"Oh, did I not tell you what that was back there? Must have been none of your business," I scoff.

"What say you Tyson? What do you make of the little scene with Rebecca and Killian?" Morgan pushes.

"I would say you should back off Morgan. There's no need for you to get Rebecca stirred up," Vincent pipes up from the passenger seat, not once taking his gaze from the road.

Morgan scoffed at his comment.

"Do you want my personal answer or my professional answer?" Tyson huskily answers from the driver's seat.

"Both if you would be so kind," Morgan answers arrogantly as I shoot him a death glare.

As he sees me, he immediately regrets pushing and drops the smile on his face.

"My personal answer is that Rebecca is her own person who can do whatever she wants, and should not have to explain her every action," Tyson explains, all while making Morgan feel dumbfounded.

He let his head fall into his hands and rubs his neck from embarrassment.

I let out a small chuckle from his reaction and then Tyson continued.

"But my professional answer is that the evening went well but I do not believe every action she made tonight was right. Nonetheless, the meeting went well."

As Morgan's head pops back up from the new feeling of validation, I sink into my seat.

"Don't get too cocky Morgan," Tyson adds, quickly diminishing Morgan's validation.

"So, how did you manage to secure shares in Killian's businesses?" Morgan asks suddenly, curiosity burning in his gold flecked eyes.

"Lots of alcohol," I laugh.

I see Morgan roll his eyes and I let out a small laugh.

"Let's talk later," he whispers to me as he scoots closer.

"No thank you," I scoot back.

"Rebecca," he quietly says.

"No. You don't get to Rebecca me. You aren't going to judge me either," I say louder than I had planned.

"I'm not judging you, just help me understand," he begs in almost a whisper, scooting closer.

"I swear if you come any closer to me, I'm stunt rolling out of the moving vehicle," I threaten through tight lips.

Despite my threat, he leans in, silently challenging my bluff.

I reach behind me for the door handle and open it slightly before Tyson slams on the breaks and causes the limo to come to an abrupt halt.