24.Delivering

Stig

OK, this is the shit. I need to this right so we can all the hell out of here in one piece so Nathan and I can go back to Erin's and fuck our brains out till the end of days. Or till you leave for home.

I shake my head at the thought. This is certainly not the time to think about that. Not there is something to think about. I will go back to Berkeley after all this is done. That's where my family is, my brothers. my brothers that do not know... Enough.

"Now," I say with my most commanding voice. "Let's see why is everyone is going to go home and forget all about this."

Nobody moves, not even Nathan that still has his gun extended and has my back. He has my back, the heaviness of that statement weighs on me. I glance at him and he simply nods. We are in this together.

"Let's start with you," I point at the man I know leads the kidnappers. "You puzzle me."

"I will fix this for you," he growls and shows off his gun holster.

"I can send this video and all the evidence I have to the police," I say and linger to watch his reaction.

He tries to play it cool but his lips twitch nervously. His henchmen as if on instinct take a few steps back.

"Ooor I can send this to his father." I point at the boy that is looking at us with hope.

At the same time, I see sheer fear go over the man. His hands tremble and he breaks in sweat. At the threat, his hired muscle take even more steps away from him. I guess he was hoping to this make a shitload of money and move away from the cartel's grasp.

"So," the man says with a trembling voice, "all I have to do is kill you. "

I smirk. It is so great that people are so fucking predictable. It's one of the things Ava and I love about them.

"You could. But then no one will be able to stop the automatic message to be sent to both recipients. I need to log in every ten minutes and punch in a secret code. And then we can all place bets who will get to you first, the police or the cartel."

The boy behind him smiles in satisfaction. I do not know whether he likes what his father does for a living - or rather for a killing - but I am certain he is overjoyed right about now.

"Stop this nonsense right-!" Velez orders still on the steps of his jet.

"You," I point a finger at him, "shut the fuck up and wait for your fucking turn or I will be really pissed."

Velez stumbles. I might as well be the first person to talk to him like that for Tyr knows how long. But he comes to quickly and opens his mouth for a threatening retort.

"I said shut it!" I order and lean over my laptop. "Or I might as well be a fucker and crash you anyway. I am seriously tempted, you piece of shit! Sure your kid is very sick. But you are sicker! Willing to kill another boy just for a chance yours survives."

"A drug lord's son," he spits.

I straighten my back and pin him with my look.

"Are you any better?"

He frowns. This man sleeps with a clear conscience.

"I do not know where to even begin with you," I threaten. "Him," I point at the head of the kidnappers, "I get. Probably born on the wrong side of town, no school, no family, no education. Yeah, he fucked up his options and he is an immoral asshole but I get that. You," I narrow my eyes. "You are the worst scum on Earth. Born into riches, went to the best schools in Europe, you had every choice. And your choice was to be a worthless piece of shit."