seven

Poet watched as Tall Boy yelled at Jughead, Jughead yelling back. Robbie stood beside Poet, sipping his drink through a large curly straw with a tiny umbrella while Poet sat on the bar counter, drinking his beer lazily, his teeth clanking against the glass.

"What is the six law?!"

"In unity there is strength!"

The crowd cheered and chanted the phrase, Poet yelling Jughead on, his face and chest slightly flushed. He mentally congratulated himself for choosing his sheer shirt tonight, knowing that the bar got hot.

Tall boy held out his arms, quieting the crowd.

"You know the laws. Now it's time for the next trial."

The younger Serpents moved, letting the shining glass of the tank be visible to the crowd. The snake hissed, it's tail curled around the knife. Poet grimaced and looked down at his hand. A small but painful scar sat under his left thumb. That fucking snake.

"Retrieve the knife," Tall Boy spoke. Jughead looked back at Poet who raised an eyebrow who nodded, gesturing for Jughead to go on.

Poet didn't question Jughead's choice to become a full Serpent. He respected his choices and supported him. Poet personally thought it was a good idea. Jughead would make a great next Serpent King and his father would be proud. At least, Poet though he would be. F.P. was proud of Poet when he did. Concerned? Sure, but that was only because he was so young.

Jughead slowly walked to the tank and reached his hand in.

⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢

"A rattlesnake, Toni. The rattlesnake bit me and drew blood." Poet laughed as Toni wrapped up his hand. Jughead gave him a glare. Toni smiled at the two. "Yeah, but one that had it's venom glands removed. The important thing is that you didn't show fear."

"Yeah, and that you'll look hot in that jacket!" Poet whooped and high fived Robbie, both a little drunk. Jughead rolled his eyes but smiled at the two.

Jughead had met Robbie before the initiation started and thought he was a cool guy. A little weird and smelled like weed but cool nonetheless. It was funny to see how much Poet joked around with him. Usually he was calm and collected but around Robbie he was all jokes and play. Them being drunk helped too.

"Look," Toni started, attracting Jughead's attention. "You're almost a Serpent now, Juggie and that's what matters. Now come on, I think we should get those two losers home." She nodded at Robbie and Poet who were dancing around with no music.

⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢

Toni helped bring Poet and Robbie back to Jughead's trailer, seeing as she had a car and his was closest.

Poet clung to Jughead as he opened the door with one hand. Toni pushed Robbie inside as Jughead held up Poet's weight. Poet poked Jughead's cheek, drunkenly giggling to himself.

"Okay, he's passed out and you've got Poet so I'm gonna go." Jughead nodded, locking the door behind her. He'd get his bike tomorrow. Jug glanced at Robbie who was snoring loudly and dragged Poet to his room, closing the bedroom door behind him. He pushed Poet backwards onto the bed who laughed like a two year old and wriggled against the covers.

Jughead pulled off his jeans and shoes, leaving his boxers and removed his jacket deciding to sleep in the shirt he had on rather than try and change into a new one. "JUgGie," Poet whined. Jughead sighed and focused on the drunk seventeen year old. "What, Po?"