twenty six

Poet woke up in the morning feeling better than he had in the last few weeks. After last night, watching movies with Veronica and painting each other's nails as well as a few sing a longs, he felt much more...free. More positive emotions pushed forwards, blocking out the bad. And he was going to see the therapist tomorrow.

He looked over to his right, noticing the half made, empty bed. He'd crashed in Veronica's bed last night, her refusing to let him sleep on the floor. Poet rolled off of the comfy goodness, wincing as his feet touched the cold hardwood. 

Humming a song from Moana, he grabbed a robe off one of Veronica's hangers and wrapped it around himself, opening the door to find her. His boxers were still on and Veronica hung his shirt, pants, and shoes on one of the heaters for him. 

The Lodges were actually pretty nice people. Well, Veronica was at least. But if her mom and dad were anything like her, he knew they'd be great. Her parents, who he'd learned were named Hiram and Hermione (badass names in his opinion), hadn't been home last night when Veronica took him in so he hadn't gotten to meet them yet. Veronica hadn't specified when they'd be back but he was guessing it wasn't going to be until later in the day. 

His thoughts drifted to yesterday and Jughead's face flashed through his mind. He frowned. He'd yelled at Jughead in front of all his friends then stormed out without a reason. He hadn't texted or called Jughead and Jughead hadn't either. Fuck, what was he going to say? He was sorry. He was so so sorry. And Jughead didn't know what was going on so he shouldn't be the one to blame. He's not at fault, Poet was.  

Poet made a mental note to talk to Jughead as soon as possible. In person, though. While he loved to hear Jughead's voice in any situation, in person was best and more meaningful.

A light humming broke him from his thoughts and he smiled. 

He strolled into the dining room, messing with the robe and relishing in its warmth. "Hey Ronnie, I know this sounds weird but Jesus your dad's robe is soft." He leaned down giving it a sniff. "Smells great too." 

Someone cleared their throat, Poet's head snapping up at the noise. Two people, who were definitely and for Poet, sadly Veronica's parents sat at the end of the long wooden table, staring at him. Veronica hung her head. 

Hiram gave Poet a smirk, cocking an eyebrow. "I'm glad that you find my smell pleasing."

Poet gaped, his mouth opening and closing like an idiot before Veronica gave him a look. "Oh, um...y-yeah. You do...sorry, that's weird. I mean I'm weird, you're not weird!" 

Veronica sighed, face palming. "Just sit down, Po."

He nodded and quickly rushed over to the seat next to her, glaring at the table in embarrassment.   

"So, who are you exactly?" Hiram said, very interested in why there was a strange boy sitting at the table, wrapped in his robe.

Veronica spoke first, clapping her hands and gesturing towards Poet. "Daddy, this is Poet. He's a friend from school and one of the new Serpent students. I let him stay here last night after he had an... incident."  

Poet nodded, agreeing with her and backing her up. He ignored how she called him daddy and instead tried not to cower under Hiram Lodge's gaze. And holy shit  was that man attractive. A total dilf. If Poet was into older men and not seventeen he'd be drooling all over that.