twenty

I'm apologizing in advance. I'm so sorry, my dudes. *Apologetically and slowly brake dances cause I'm weird*

-------------

It had been 27 hours since Poet and his gang officially reported Enoch missing. Sheriff Keller, who held a slight grudge against Robbie for many many past offenses agreed to help as much as he could. Keller assured them he'd work his hardest but if there's one thing Poet knows about Riverdale it's that their police force is shit. But instead he bit his tongue and thanked the Sheriff. It had been 27 hours since and still. Nothing. 

Kusho and Poet walked hand in hand along the sidewalks of Riverdale's shopping district, both occasionally pointing out dumb things they thought were funny or presents that made their way onto their lists for their friends. 

Poet grew quiet half way through their walk, his gaze fixed on the ground. Kusho noticed and sighed, squeezing his hand. "He'll be okay, Poet. He's a smart kid and he knows how to handle himself."

Poet sadly nodded, half agreeing. "I do too, but like...what if he's missing cause I drove him off? He got all angry and walked away. I could have stopped him and made sure he got home okay. I could've apologized! I-"

Kusho covered his mouth with her hand. She gave him a sad smile, "Look," she said, "there's a hundred things you could've done. But what matters is we stay positive, okay. I'm fucking scared for him. I'm scared out of my fucking mind! But I believe in him and you have to too. That's all we can do right now, okay?" 

Poet nodded. She was right. Focusing on the infinite possibilities wasn't helping. All he could do was wait. And hopefully everything would turn out okay.  

He raised his head and scanned the windows of the small shops, his hand still grasping Kusho's firmly. The Northside of Riverdale was where he and Kusho shopped for their friends Christmas presents every year. It didn't matter that they were kicked out of most of the shops for who they were or that they could barley afford any of it. It was tradition. 

What mattered was that their friends got what they deserved. Something perfect and meaningful. Poet had found Kusho and Robbie's gift last week while shopping with Lars. Robbie's was one of those weird piggy banks that sings and has block face and eats your money. It was terrifying. Robbie would love it.  For Kusho he'd gotten her a shirt that said, "fuck you you fucking fuck." Kusho didn't like people to begin with so something that drove them away was even better.

He'd found Lars and Enoch's gifts today with Kusho. Lars's present was a Pusheen stuffed animal, one because Lars loved cats and two because it was super fucking soft. Enoch, however, had been harder to shop for. He was a simple boy and didn't really like anything flashy or shiny. So Poet had settled with a simple silver chain necklace for the boy. It'd caught Poet's eye in the store and he'd immediately thought of Enoch. 

So, with all his friends taken care of, that left Jughead. Poet had yelled at him earlier about everything with Penny. Well yell wasn't the right term. He more of lovingly reprimanded him while raising his voice. Poet still hated how Jughead took care of Penny but it didn't mean the boy didn't deserve a Christmas present. 

In all honestly he had no idea what to get the beanie wearing boy. Nothing seemed good enough. He already had a computer and type writer and a hat that completed his personality. When he asked Jughead what he wanted, Jug just shrugged and cupped Poet's face saying he already had everything he needed. 

But that wouldn't stop Poet from finding the perfect gift. Jughead Jones deserved the world and while Poet couldn't afford it he could sure as hell try.

A small store up ahead with a neon pink lights caught his eye. Poet smiled and pulled Kusho along with him, ignoring her protests. She sighed and aloud him to drag her there.