five

Poet liked fights. He liked how raw everything felt. The fear in his prey's eyes. How it burned when his face was cut open by his opponent's hand. How the warm blood ran down his jaw, covering his neck. He loved how alive he felt.

So when Sweet Pea called, asking if Poet wanted to fight some stuck-up Northsiders there was no way he could say no. 

"So how much pain are we talking here? Cause I gotta knife or two, maybe more, in my pocket an' I'm not one to fight dirty." Poet rocked on his feet, his wrecked chucks digging into the wet pavement. This wasn't the first fight the old boys had seen. They were at least a few years old and one of Poet's favorite possessions. The shoes were soaked by now, the heavy rain pouring into the insides. 

Nobody answered Poet, instead Sweet Pea and a red headed Northsider walked forward, meeting in the middle. They starred at each other, waiting for the first to strike. Poet bite his lip, his hands forming into fights. Just start already! 

The red head struck first, his fist pummeling into Sweet Pea's mouth, blood flying everywhere. Then it began.

The sides charged at each other, wrestling and punching. Kicking and screaming. The air was alive with energy.

A brown haired Northsider charged at Poet. "Fuck yeah, let's go buckaroo!" Poet yelled.

Poet slammed into the poor boy's jaw, a fowl sounding crack! following. The boy fell to the ground in a pile of red and blue.

A hand wrapped around Poet's head, pulling him backwards into a hard body. Poet grit his teeth, wriggling to escape his capture's sweaty palms. Another body approached the two. The new boy smirked and threw his hand into Poet's stomach, pain shooting threw his body.

His lungs spasmed, his breathing becoming harder. Poet couldn't do anything but grin at the pain. He continued grinning through the punches thrown at his face and sides.

"Stop fucking grinning you psycho!"

Poet chuckled, blood spilling out between his teeth. "Keeping going, I'm almost there." 

The Northsider crinkled his nose at the innuendo. He reeled back his arm for another punch before a loud, "Diltton!" caught his attention.

Poet used the second of distraction to kick the boy's groin, kicking off of him and breaking free of the monster's hold. He turned, spitting onto the ground, blood dripping from his chin. He squared up to the other Northsider.

"You ready sea monster?" The big boy grunted, ready to pounce.

A gun shot broke through the air.

Everyone turned to the noise. 

A girl dressed in a hood-which Poet thought was odd but did admire her fashion choice-held her arm up, the gun extended. 

Poet and her met eyes. He could see the fresh tears on her face. The mask hiding her true fear. It wasn't an unfamiliar one.

"Come on," a voice muttered in his ear. Sweet Pea pulled Poet along, the rest of the Serpents following their lead. 

Tonight had been fun.

⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢

"Ahhhh owww, fuck you."

"Shut up, Price."

Poet chuckled as Enoch dabbed his cuts. The group sat around him, watching as Poet groaned in pain at his cuts.

"So what happened again?" Robbie hung off the back of the couch, gesturing around with his cigarette. Poet placed his hands on Enoch's hips who rolled his eyes but smiled at the gesture.

"Fucking Northsiders. They plan this fight with the Serpents, right? So were out there fighting, cause you know I don't turn down a fight, and it's goin' well; I'm getting a few hits in, then this fucker almost choked me! So I'm wrestling and fighting and throwing punches and a kid fucking stabs himself! Then, and you'll never believes this, this tiny lil' thing shoots off a gun! And we high tailed it outta there cause we didn't wanna get caught and now I'm here."

Poet finished his story with a quick breath, flopping his arms at his sides. 

Kusho shook her head and smiled, crossing her arms. "You crazy fucker."

Poet gave her a cheesy smile, "Only for you babe."

Enoch tapped Poet leg, signaling he was done. Poet gave him a kiss on the cheek as payment, making his way over to the couch, sitting down between Robbie's long legs and Lars's small body. "Hey buddy."

Lars gave him a tired smile, snuggling into his side. Poet kissed the boy's head, putting his arm around Lars's shoulders.

Enoch moved to sit below Kusho, resting against the chair. She messed with his hair, his eyes fluttering shut. 

Poet looked around. Lars snuggled into his side, Kusho and Enoch talking quietly with each other while radiating warmth and love, Robbie hanging half asleep off the couch. This was Poet's family. And he wouldn't let anything happen to them.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Soooooooo, hi. I haven't update in a while n I'm sorry. I've been meaning to but a bunch of stuff has been going on. I have the next chapter or two in the making so you should be getting those soon. So thats good n yeah. Thank you for all the reads and comments! Love you guys! -underrated human