eight

Archie Andrews walked through Sunnyside Trailer Park. He paced in front of the Jones trailer, debating on knocking. He decided and began to walk up before Jughead walked out, his face written with confusion and worry.

"Archie..."

"We gotta talk, Jug."

Jughead raced down the stairs, his face worn with worry. "Uh, now is really not a good time, okay? You need to leave, okay? You gotta go." He began pushing Archie away, glancing over the boy's back.

"Why, what's going on?" Archie asked, his voice riddled with confusion. Jughead pierced his lips, tapping Archie's shoulders and shook his head. 

"What the hell do we have here?" Jughead pushed towards the group of Serpents, his eyes landing on Poet. "Just leave him, all right?" He asked, his eyes not leaving Poet's. He noticed the slight black eye and bandaged nose. When Jughead woke up this morning alone and confused with only a poorly written note from Robbie he was upset and annoyed with Poet, thinking that what they had had at least been enough to leave a not of some sort but now that he saw Poet he wasn't upset anymore.

"Wait," Archive spoke, "You're friends with these thugs?"

Poet laughed, Archie's eyes falling on him. "What the fuck dude? Who uses the words thugs anymore? Personally I think ruffians works better, but that's only if you wanna be formal." Jughead smirked at Poet's remark before turning to Archie.

"It's not what you think."

"Wait. Are you joining the serpents?" Archie realized. 

Sweet Pea spoke up, "If he survives, and go ahead and call us thugs one more time."

"Jughead, these are the guys who-who attacked me. Who attacked Reggie, Veronica, Dilton. Your friends."

"Wait?" Poet spoke up. "You mean the little twink that stabbed himself? Bullshit, we didn't attack him and we certainly didn't touch that chick with the gun."

Archie ignored him and Jughead turned to Archie

"Wait, is that why you're here? To warn me?"

"No. I came here to tell you to stay away from Betty. She's breaking up with you and especially won't want to be around you once she learns that you're joining a gang."

Poet felt a slow smile spread across his face. Finally! Now he didn't have to worry about that blonde barbie stealing Jughead.

Jughead's face went blank. "Screw you, I just saw her yesterday...she was fine." His voice quieted at the end, his mind racing with thoughts and insecurities. 

"No, dude. She's been wanting to break up with you for weeks. She's been agonizing over it and hasn't been able to bring herself to do ever since you joined the dark side and-"

"Bitch!" Poet interrupted "Who are you calling the dark side? And also, what's with this fuckin' old timey name calling? Leave us out of it."

"But, Betty would never do that!" Jughead yelled, his anger and sadness rising.

"Look, if you don't believe me, call her. And feel free to tell her you're a Serpent now too."

The once friends stared at each other, their gazes filled with rage.

"Tell Betty I got the message." 

And with Jughead's words, Archie stormed off, hitting Poet's shoulder on the way out.

"Rude, red head."

⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢ 

Jughead stood, head raised in the smoke. He took a deep breath and began to walk through the Serpents, each delivering a hard punch to his gut. Fist after fist came flying at him. On his stomach, face, shoulders. Pain blossomed throughout his body, his vision beginning to blur. But he couldn't stop. He can't. Not yet.

He walked to Sweet Pea who clenched the brass knuckles in his fist. Sweet Pea smiled and threw one last, jaw breaking punch, sending Jughead to the ground.

Poet watched from the side lines, having refused to participate. On account of his broken nose they had let him slide. He watched as Jughead fell onto the grass, blood dripping from his lips.

"Come on, bubba. You gotta get up," He clenched the leather in his hands.

Jughead looked through his teared up eyes and sagging eyelids at the blurry figure of Poet. He had to get up. He mentally yelled at himself. Get up! You gotta get up! Get up!

Slowly, Jughead rose, clenching the grass between his fingers. His bones cracked and skin burned with bruises. Finally, standing straight he reached out his hand, Sweet Pea shaking it. 

Finally. He was done.

Poet grinned and walked to Jughead, pulling him into a gentle but meaningful hug and handing him his jacket. He kissed Jughead's cheek, "Good job, bubs. You deserve it." Jughead's hands clenched around the cool leather. Finally. He had done it. Finally. 

---------

This was a short one but I hoped you guys liked it. I'm not sure when nine's gonna come out. I write better at night and then that messes up my sleep but I'd rather write then sleep. Anyways, thanks for reading and don't be afraid to comment!

P.S. What's your favorite flower?