Chapter 39 ~ Trust.

Ash's P.O.V 

I was woken by the sound of the bed covers moving. I slowly opened my eyes and tilted my head up, and there was Riker, looking at me with a tired squint and a faint smile. 

"Morning." He said to me. I smiled and said good morning back. He then readjusted his pillow to be closer to mine. 

"What's the time?" I asked, in my sleepy morning voice. 

"It's really early, maybe 6 a.m. I can't get back to sleep but you're welcome to." He answered, sound more awake than I did. 

"If this is my view I'm not sure I want to go back to sleep." I swept my arm down his until I reached his hand. I intertwined it with mine. 

"We've got to go into the studio today. Do you think you could write up some material?" He asked, as he played with my fingers. 

"Well, I'm definitely feeling inspired. 

"So we'll lay here for a while, enjoying each other's company, we'll have breakfast, and then we'll go make some music." He told me. 

"I'm like all of this 'we' stuff. I don't know. It's nice." I smiled, Riker smiled back at me, pulling my hand close to him and kissing it. 

"Oh, but I have to stop by my parents for a little while before we go." He added. And right when I'd fallen in live with 'we' he crushed it with an 'I'. 

"I can come with you. I don't mind." I was trying to trust him, and was looking for him to say something specific. 

He took a moment to respond. "It would be too hard to resist kissing you when we're there. And this is definitely something I'd want to easy my parents into." It wasn't the answer I was looking for, but if he was keeping something from me, he's damn good at convincing me otherwise. 

"Okay. Can we just lie for a second?" Using the word lie to suggest we lay together and not to be untruthful, I asked, turning my back to him. His pulled me close and we were spooning. I could feel his smile but I was left with a worrisome look of doubt. 

Though I began to feel myself falling back asleep I made an effort to stay awake, using the time to evaluate my thought. In what felt like almost no time at all my alarm went off. Hours had gone by. Neither one of us had moved an inch that whole time. 

He got up much faster than I did. After all, he had somewhere to be and I wasn't invited. I did, however, still feel compelled to make him breakfast. Nothing special, just toast, I didn't want him to sense my uneasiness. 

He left as he did most mornings. And once he left I felt a little crazy. I'd spend the most wonderful night with this guy, and the next morning all I could think about was his one flaw. It was my curiousity. It tried to subside from it and think about how great he was. A few days ago I could've sworn I didn't want us to be anything more than friends, but I guess my subconscious had some feelings it hadn't let go. 

And I used these feeling to try and trust him. I got out a notebook and did what I hadn't in ages. I wrote. Small patches of thoughts, and I spend the wait stringing them together into lyrics. But it wasn't as easy as I remembered. When I heard Riker honk his car I knew I'd let time fly once again. I stashed the book into a handbag I had sitting in my closet while I quickly threw on a breezy sun dress. 

Through all the theories I could make up in my head, these few small thoughts had escaped me. Why did I care so much? Why was it so hard to trust him? Had I become the type of girl who can't trust guys anymore? 

This definitely is not how I wanted to start off a new relationship. What had Ross done to me?

~~~

A/N:  Happy holidays everyone! 

I hope you're all enjoying you're winter (or summer if you're in the southern hemisphere).

QOTD: Who do you want Ash to end up with? And why?

Lots of love, Char. xx.